Lumbar Cages/problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumbar Cages/problem

In 2002 I had A/P, T3-S1, followed by multiple infections and surgeries. 7 months after the initial surgery I ended up having all of my hardware removed, because of the infections. The only thing that was kept in was the 2 "cages" at the L3/L4 level. So here is the "problem" and I would appreciate a web site and/or info (hey, Linda ya out there ). I have noticed an increase in the tilt of my shoulders and a narrowing of the distance between my ribcage and hip. Is it possible that I have developed an arthodices (sp) at the L3/4 cage area? Thanks for the info everyone

SandyC
    SandyC

Hi Sandy...

I'm not sure I'd know where to start in terms of a web search. You should make an appointment to see Dr. Hu. It's possible that you have a pseudarthrosis (non-fusion), since your implants had to be removed. Arthrodesis is actually fusion, so that would be a good thing. :-)

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X