PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test Results

mbeckoff
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
For those of you who don't know my tale of woe about learning that I am now a diabetic , I had my first blood test earlier this week .I received my test results today and everything was great .My A1C was 5.7 .My liver #s were normal as were my kidneys . My white blood count was slightly elevated but the doctor felt that was because of that fact I was on the steroids for my pain.

Now if I could get some relief from this pain that I am in... Life would be better

Melissa

gmw
07-15-2010, 01:05 PM
That's great, Melissa. I remember back you found out you were diabetic. We'll pray your pain gets better to go along with the good blood test results.

JenniferG
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Good news Melissa.

I am wondering, are the steroids helping with the pain?

Doodles
07-15-2010, 08:33 PM
That's great news, Melissa. What a relief for you. What are you taking for the pain now? Janet

mbeckoff
07-15-2010, 09:28 PM
I am taking Darvocet which is helping slightly. It is helping me sleep 6 hours at night at least. I am still in more pain than I was when I came home from rehab on May 20

Melissa

titaniumed
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Melissa

The best thing you can do for the pain is to tell your Surgeon. We all have different and similar pains after surgery, its so hard to pinpoint exact causes.

I did have to ride out some of my pain which see-sawed for months. I would have great days, go out and overdo things and pay dearly.

I hope that your pain eases down in the future.
Ed

Shari
07-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi Melissa, I have to agree with everyone here. My pain was up and down for months, I would go from a 5 pain level to 10 in a day. I couldn't sleep either. Tell your Dr. about your pain, we all really do heal differently, so don't compare yourself to anyone else.

Don't suffer more than you have to,
Shari