nicoles surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicoles surgery

i'm writing from the hospital to let everyone know nicole had her surgery yesterday. dr. said it went very well, she did not even need any blood during the surgery, it was 4 hours long in total and she was pretty comfortable yesterday all day for the most. today she is in more pain and they had her sit up once that was horrible. she will be going in a room shortly. i will write more details when we get home. I just wanted to let everyone know she is okay. thanks for all your prayers. I hope everyone else's surgery went as well that day. mamakay and bills mom write as soon as you can.
    jennifer

Good news, Jennifer. I'm happy to hear the surgery went well, and was successful. Give Nicole a gentle hug from us. May her recovery be smooth and uneventful. Take care of yourself as well!

My best,
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Great news! Was thinking of you. Look after yourself as you take care of Nicole. Best wishes, Laura
      30y/o
      Upper curve around 55
      Lower curve around 35

Comment

nicole's surgery

Jennifer, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how the surgery went! I have been praying for both of you and am glad to hear all went well! Carol

Comment

Hi Jennifer,
          I am so glad to hear that everything went okay with Nicole. I hope everyhting went well for everyone else who had surgery yesterday. I know that there were quite a few. Anyway I hope Nicole has a speedy recovery.Bye!
          ~*Lauren*~
          Braced for 5 months
          Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
          Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
          Surgery on April 26th 2005
          Fused from T3-L4
          Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

nicoles surgery

hi everyone,
            thanks for thinking of us and your prayers. We are finally in a room and they gave us a computer for the room. The room is great we have a private room with refrigerator, tv and a view of the east river, it is beautiful. Nicole is doing really well. Today was a good day. Physical therapists came twice today. In the morning they had her walk a few steps, she was not happy about that but she did it. In the afternoon they came back and she walked all the way to the hall. Again, she was not happy about it. Pain meds (morphine pump) today is working great. It is very controlled today, but they are lowering it alittle now, since she is (i think alittle too out of it). They changed her dressing today and i saw the incision and it looked really good. So, so far she is doing very well. I hope that continues. I will keep you all posted. I'm sure i will have a new set of concerns and questions for you all when we get home. But i can't believe it is over and thrilled that so far so good.
            keep praying
            jennifer
            ps. i hope the other surgeries are going just as well.

Comment

Nicole's surgery

Hi Jennifer! So glad to see your update and that Nicole is up and doing so well! We saw Dr. Boachie today and I was very impressed with him. Carol

Comment

Nicole

Jennifer,

I am so glad to hear Nicole is doing so well. It sounds like the hospital is wonderful, too. Thanks so much for taking the time to write!

Susanna
                Susanna
                ~~~~~~
                Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

nicoles surgery

hi susanna
                  still writing from the hosptial. it's not easy but we're getting through it. Hope it gets easier by the time we get home. I guess the worst part is over though, now we just have to get through the recovery. Slowly but surely.
                  jennifer

Comment

Hi Jennifer,
                    It is finally over for Nicole..all that reading,research and questions paided off..just to see your daughter with a successful outcome..I have been away from the NSF for a while..I had an episode of sever abdominal pain that sent me to the ER, just the other day..It looks like I have a bad gallbladder...with everything I went thru..and now something else...this is just to much..so I will just have to deal with it...anyway tell Nicole that everyone is wishing her a painfree recovery as soon as possible!!!!
                    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
                    fused T4 -L3
                    Hip graft
                    Grown 1 1/2 inches
                    25/o upper T 15/o
                    53/o T 15/o
                    37/o L 6/o
                    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
                    New York City

August 6, 2004
                    Pulmonary Embolism
                    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
                    increasing pain at the T4/5
                    point irratation heardwear

Comment

nicoles surgery

hi connie
                      i know i can't believe it's over either. Now i'll be reading, researching, etc. on the recovery process.
                      I can't believe what you are going through. I am sorry that you have something else to deal with now.
                      Nicole is coming along but slowly. Tonight they are trying to wean her off the pump, so they gave her a vicodin for the first time a little while ago. As of now she is sleeping.
                      I will keep you updated on her progress.
                      let me know how you are doing and thanks for asking about nicole
                      jennifer

Comment

Nicole's surgery

Hi Jennifer. How is Nicole doing today? I hope everyday finds her stronger and in less and less pain. Please keep us posted on her progress. Carol

Comment

Hi Jennifer,
                          Today I had an ultrasound and it's gallstones...It seems like so many people have had there gallbladder out....anyway..just tell Nicole that recovery is very much an up and down process...there are good days and bad days so be patient all will be better in the long run...
                          CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
                          fused T4 -L3
                          Hip graft
                          Grown 1 1/2 inches
                          25/o upper T 15/o
                          53/o T 15/o
                          37/o L 6/o
                          Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
                          New York City

August 6, 2004
                          Pulmonary Embolism
                          complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
                          increasing pain at the T4/5
                          point irratation heardwear

Comment

HI Connie,
                            I would just like to let you know that I have had my gallbladder removed due to gall stones. The surgery is nothing compared to the pain of the stones moving. And after watching Amber go through her op mine was a breeze. You will feel much better after you have it done, just watch how much fat you eat.
                            Best wishes.
                            Cheryl.

Comment

nicoles surgery

hi carolnj
                              thanks for asking about nicole. We are still in the hospital and today is day 6. Today was her best day yet. There is a big change today. It's been tough, but it has to get better from here. I think her worst pain is over. Today was the first day she was able to eat solids, got her catheda out, they washed her hair for her, so it was a big day.
                              i will keep you all posted on the progress. They say either tomorrow or thursday we will be going home.
                              jennifer

Comment

Working...
                              X