Three questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three questions

I am 7 weeks post op now. It was tough and I don't ever want to do it again, but for the most part, I have done well considering my age. I did have some complications with my kidneys following the second surgery and was in ICU for 3 nights, but since that have done well. I have three situations I'm wondering if any of you have experienced or are familiar with.

1. My left foot is sore to the touch, red and swollen. I had a stess fracture in my left foot several years ago and there is now pain in that old fracture. My PCP gave me a shot of toradol last Thursday and it seems to be doing better. He said it resembled reflex sympathetic dystrophy, but for me to ask my surgeon when I go for my 8-week follow up next week what he thinks about it. In the meantime, have any of you had this experience?

2. Since I am no longer in a lot of pain, I have been cutting back on my percocet. For the most part now, I am experiencing the numbness, cottony, hardware, etc feeling rather than pain. When I don't take the percocet, my blood pressure is elevated. Has anyone experienced high blood pressure when coming off the pain meds?

3. I am concerned that my memory foam mattress is causing some of my numbness. Sometimes, when I roll over at night, it feels like something is catching in my hip. Has anyone experienced problems with sleeping on the memory foam?

Thanks!
    Glenda
    Glenda
    Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
    Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
    Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
    A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
    Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
    Pleased with outcome
Working...
X