PDA

View Full Version : Three questions

gmw
07-12-2010, 08:36 AM
I am 7 weeks post op now. It was tough and I don't ever want to do it again, but for the most part, I have done well considering my age. I did have some complications with my kidneys following the second surgery and was in ICU for 3 nights, but since that have done well. I have three situations I'm wondering if any of you have experienced or are familiar with.

1. My left foot is sore to the touch, red and swollen. I had a stess fracture in my left foot several years ago and there is now pain in that old fracture. My PCP gave me a shot of toradol last Thursday and it seems to be doing better. He said it resembled reflex sympathetic dystrophy, but for me to ask my surgeon when I go for my 8-week follow up next week what he thinks about it. In the meantime, have any of you had this experience?

2. Since I am no longer in a lot of pain, I have been cutting back on my percocet. For the most part now, I am experiencing the numbness, cottony, hardware, etc feeling rather than pain. When I don't take the percocet, my blood pressure is elevated. Has anyone experienced high blood pressure when coming off the pain meds?

3. I am concerned that my memory foam mattress is causing some of my numbness. Sometimes, when I roll over at night, it feels like something is catching in my hip. Has anyone experienced problems with sleeping on the memory foam?

Thanks!
Glenda