PDA

View Full Version : Started a scoliosis blog

ShariMSU
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Thought I would share a blog I created and have transitioned from being just about my surgery for family and friends, into a resource for others with adult scoliosis. I am aiming to focus on building a network of scoliosis adults in Michigan, especially the Lansing area. We have nothing that I have been able to find local or statewide that provides support. This forum does much of what a blog does, but I have found not everyone is comfortable with this large forum so I am sharing experience on the blog. I also posted a pre and post surgery picture.
My husband did such a great job blogging through April during actual surgery and hospital stay. It was fun for me to read through his posts as like many of you, I didn't remember alot of it.
It sounds like so many of us April/May/June surgery patients are starting to do really good. Such an awesome feeling!

www.scoliosisthejourney.com

doodie
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
WOW! Shari - how great!

I can't believe your motivation and drive to put together something like that so soon after your surgery.

You're amazing! :D

golfnut
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I enjoyed your blog and have bookmarked it under my favorites to return to often. Your picture of your back looks so good! Thanks for sharing your blog. It looks very professional and full of helpful links.

JenniferG
07-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Excellent Shari. Your back looks fantastic.

This is the sort of thing I would absolutely devour pre-surgery. I am sure it will be helpful to many.

Back-out
07-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Bookmarked, Looks great. The links look like they're going to be very helpful too - just did a quick sampling of the exercise links, for instance. Thanks!!!

Yes, your back does look terrific, "after" - and so do you. Off the bat, working in hospitality doesn't sound like a back-friendly job. I'm sure it's a whole 'nother ball-game now, though!

rohrer01
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Very nice, Shari! Thanks for putting all of that helpful information together. :)

Doodles
07-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Shari--
I'm impressed! That will really be helpful and your pictures look super! Janet

ShariMSU
07-10-2010, 08:45 PM
This is what's great about this forum....you are all so supportive and encouraging. Thanks for the kind comments it encourages me to keep moving forward.

ShariMSU
07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I am still hoping to find some others in Michigan, especially the Mid-Michigan area to connect and I would like to coordinate some networking and education events. So if you are out there visit the blog and send me an email. However, all are welcome to share in the information!! Thanks again for the support!

gmw
07-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Your blog is very well done and will be of help to many people traveling this scoliosis path. It is so helpful to read of others' experiences. Gives an idea of what to expect and where to find good info.

My daughter-in-law posted my surgery experience on CarePages if anyone would like to take a look.

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/GlendaGuess

LisaB
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Great blog and your back looks great!

rohrer01
07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Glenda, it requires an e-mail and password.

gmw
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
It requires your e-mail. I believe you can set up an account and get to it. If you need my e-mail, its, gguess@comcast.net. If you can't get to it, let me know.

LATER

new info -- rohrer1
if you will PM your e-mail to me, I wil invite you.

anyone else who might want to go to the site, i'll need your e-mail.

Glenda

ShariMSU
07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Glenda - I had not seen Care Pages before. Your pages are wonderful and so many wonderful, supportive friends you have. It was nice to read your progress. You are doing so good.

gmw
07-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Thanks Shari. It worked out so well for my husband. It saved him many a phone call and e-mail and I enjoyed his reading all the comments to me from friends and family.

lray
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Shari - your back looks absolutely great! The correction to your curvature as well as your cosmetic outcome is amazing. It sounds like you have been through quite a lot these past months since your surgery. You are an inspiration!