PDA

View Full Version : Metal detector/stud finder and kids...

Nitram
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I have to share a funny story that those with kids will appreciate. I'm about 4 months post op and doing well. My kids (10 and 12) were helping their mother hang some stuff on the wall and needed to use my stud finder and since I am still fairly useless, I was showing them how to use it. While I was explaining it to them I noticed it had a metal stud setting....so I switched it on and told my kids to rub it on their back to see if it did anything....of course it didn't go off so I told them to try it on me and it went off like crazy in the middle of my back. They thought that was so wierd and we all got a big laugh out out of it. Anyway, it was a neat way to show them I really do have that stuff inside and it helped them relax a bit more about it.

Rich

jsully
07-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Very Cute :)

doodie
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Rich-
Seriously?? I'm going to have to try that!

When we use a stud finder in our house, my husband points it to his chest and then waits for me to make the appropriate remarks about what a stud he is.... we laugh every time like it's a new joke.

But I could really get the last laugh if I turned it around and used it on myself! :D

debbei
07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Oh Rich,

you must be quite "The Stud"!!! BWHAHAHAHA Sorry I couldn't resist. :D:D

I know my husband has one of those things, we'll have to try it on me!

Snoopy
07-10-2010, 08:14 AM
I can't wait to ask my daughter if we can try it on her back! I'm sitting here imagining your kids' faces as the stud finder goes off. It had to be priceless!

Thanks for sharing.

Mary Lou

Suzy
07-18-2010, 01:55 PM
O.K. Rich~ That totally made me laugh out loud, gotta go try it now. :D

lray
07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Love that story...thanks for the laugh! :D

Nitram
07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Glad you all enjoyed the story...I still joke around with the kids about it....I can't wait what happened when I get on a plane next time, that should be *fun*. :-)

Rich

Radiogirl
07-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Funny! We are an odd lot, aren't we? We find humor in the strangest things! :) I actually was disappointed when I flew, that the bells and whistles did not even make the slightest acknowledgement when I went through security! I even warned them ahead of time that I would set it off...and nothing!

kennedy
07-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Ok rich that really funny.

loves to skate
07-19-2010, 01:14 PM
That is a cute and funny story. For those of you who think your hardware will set off alarms at the airport, I don't think they will, but you might try sliding in sideways and see if the metal detector reacts. Funny thing happened to me in Sea Tac airport in Seattle. I was wearing my spinal stimulator belt and set off every alarm in the entire section. You should have seen the look on everyone's faces including my own. Fortunately one of the inspectors recognized what was going on and came over to me to ask me if I could turn off my spine stim.
Their metal detectors must have been set very sensitive, because I wasn't even going thru the detector yet.:D
Sally