• Show
Clear All

• Crooked

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker frist time poster.

27 years old
    Male
    6'4

Around 8 years ago I hurt my back and had the strangest muscle spasm down the right side of my back, after it felt like my ribs were poking out, before this point in time i had perfect posture.

Over the next few months my body went downhill fast pain throughout my back as my whole body adjusted to 'protect' one part. (At the time I had no idea what was going on)

8 years later and my back has pretty much settled into its place, only a mild curve 11 degrees lumber, 13 degrees thoracic.

Has anyone else had a case like this?
    I know I only have a mild case, but I seem to be in chronic pain, if one part of my body isnt sore and another is. I am constantly 'cracking' my neck, shoulders and mid-upper back for a little relief. My ribs feel like they are constantly floating around I am constanly hurting my lower back, next, shoulders. My left arm feels like a tight rubber band being pulled forward and gives me alot of pain. Sore ankle from putting my weight on right leg etc etc....

I cant seem to get any relief and its getting worse month by month. Is this my way of life now?

Hi Crooked...

I think you need to find a physical therapist who specializes in spine issues.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Welcome Crooked. From what I've read, even small curves can cause pain, and sometimes large curves don't. Have you seen a scoliosis surgeon? If so, what did he suggest? Have you tried physiotherapy?
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
      X