PDA

View Full Version : Returning for surgery

JennyRN
06-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I went in for a post-op appointment early since I was still draining and the doctor wants me to come in tonight and have the incision cleaned out. There are so many directions this can go. Hopefully, things will go well!

sheri66
06-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Praying that everything will turn out ok.

Confusedmom
06-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Sending good thoughts your way! Hopefully it will be minor!!!

Keep us updated.

Evelyn

Doodles
06-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Jen--I so sorry about this set back. Hope & prayer it can be taken care of quickly and easily. Take care. Janet

ShariMSU
06-29-2010, 01:28 PM
:oHi Jenny ~ at 4 weeks post op same thing happened to me. First the dr tried irrigating the open part of the incision that was draining, in his office. A week later, at 4 weeks post op we went back to the operating room and he reopened my incision about 7", cleaned the tissue. They did find infection. I have had a PICC line in for 5 weeks and I do IV antibiotics at home. My blood wk shows infection is gone but dr wants to do 2 more weeks of antibiotic to be sure. Don't let it worry you. There is so much they do now. Plus you may not even have an infection. Incision healed quickly and beautifully the second time around. I am now 9 weeks post op. Have been off pain meds for a week and am feeling great!! Not sleeping so good, but hope that gets better too. Best of luck to you, prayers are with you!
Shari B.

rohrer01
06-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Hoping all is well and they can get things healed up for you.

JenM
06-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Jenny-

best of luck to u. I've been thinking about you for days. Please call me after your proceedure when you are home and settled in. I would love to talk to you. I am going on my 3rd week post surgery and am having alot of issues. My back feels ok but a am having alot of pain with my neck and arms. Anyway, best of luck to u and I will be praying
for you.

Love,
Jen m

golfnut
06-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Jenny,
I am so sorry you are having a set back. I'm sure it's upsetting, but it will get resolved. We all hope for nothing but smooth recoveries, but it just seems that setbacks are common. I hope it all goes well for you for the rest of your recovery.

Back-out
07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Keep us posted, please! As soon as we hear about something like this, we worry along with the patient. At least, I think I can speak for the group in this regard.

Hope this is quickly and easily resolved.

LynetteG
07-02-2010, 06:21 AM
We're all thinking about you Jenny - hope all is well for you!