My 3 Month Follow Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3 Month Follow Up

I know that I have not been posting, but I have been keeping up with everyone. Lynette and Laura, I am so glad to see how well you both are doing and that your follow ups were good.

I went for my 3 month last week as well and got good news too! I was a little concerned going in, as I still have pain most days. I am back to my regular daily routine with my boys and running the house. Of course making adjustments, like using my grabber to do laundry and my kids to move it around. They have been great helpers. But by the afternoon, I am start to have pain and still take from 1-3 Darvecet a day. But when I asked the Dr. about this, he said that this is because my fusion is still not complete, which is perfectly normal and if I am getting by on 1-3 Darvacet (which he conciders a step above advil), I am doing great. He expects to see a compete fusion by my 6 month.

I am walking 45 minutes a day and starting to do some therapy to strengthen my core and stretch my back, arm and leg muscles and strengthen my legs ( so when I squat, I can get back up again!).

He also said that I can do anything that I feel like, even ride a bike. Not sure I am ready, but might try riding my sister's as practice. My kids and husband gave me a gift certificate for one for Mother's Day so I can get a new one to start riding with the kids when I recover. That is my first goal!

So glad to hear everyone that is doing so well. Best wishes to those going into this. I know is is a scary proposition, but we all make it through. I must say that the month of April is "a blur" to me, but I just look forward to what I will be able in the future.

Melissa

T9-L5 Fusion
    Surgery: March 31, 2010
    Pre Op 60 Degree Lumbar Curve
    Post Op 20 Lumbar Curve

Melissa - wow you're walking 45 minutes a day? That's fantastic. I think you are way ahead of the game. I'm so happy to hear how well you are doing. From what I understand through all our friends on here who have been through our surgery, every day gets better and better, so we will all feel great as each day goes by, and time heals us
    Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
    Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
    Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
    Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Lovely to hear from you Melissa, I was wondering how you were going. Sounds like you're going just fine!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Lynette: so good to hear from you. Yes, everyday is better and better or I can do more and more. I can't believe how well you are doing. Sounds like you have resolved most of your issues, I am so happy for you.

As for the walking, I do my best to do 45 minutes a day, it is a pretty slow pace, but they say slow and easy wins the race! Also, haven't been as consistent since school let out, but I'm getting every in camp now, so should be back to it (or have not excuses).

Thanks for the nice thoughts Jennifer, I amI

I know we will keep up our progress and will try to stay in better touch w/everyone.

Comment

Three Muskateers!!!

Cheers to us Lynette and Melissa! We did it!!!!! It almost seems like a dream doesnt it????
          Laura
          62 degrees
          49 yrs. young
          Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Working...
          X