Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery day

Hello all,
    Our surgery day is near! (jennifer,Bill's mom and ?)
    Sorrry can't place the 4th person's name right now but am thinking of all of us and what we are getting ready to be a part of.
    I am still not fully packed and need to run to the medical supply store and get some things on the list Linda R. noted a few places back here.
    I just wanted to say thanks to all for the chats that have helped me get thru these months of so many feelings.
    Susan(Bills mom) is he better now?? I hope so.
    Jen, I know your girl will get the pill swollowing thing figured out one way or another, they won't let her be in pain and will help find some way.
    I may check the board a few more times if I can but we will be off to the hotel near the hospital in a day.If not please stay in touch all.
    Prayers to everyone here, Mamakay
    now 16 yr old daughter
    with worsen 65 degree upper curve
    surgery Nov 3, 04

Kay,

Thanks for the good wishes. We still are not 100% sure that surgery is on. He still has a cough although he is much much better. Am waiting to hear from the surgeon's assistant to see what the plan is going to be. (As I said to him, this is stressing me out and we haven't even gotten to the hard part yet!)

Best wishes to you too. Safe journey to Houston. Will be looking forward to reading/posting following surgery.

I'm praying for us all,
    Susan

Comment

Sending my best wishes to all having surgery this week. I know of several (4-5?) on Wednesday and another 1-2 on Friday. Please know that we will be thinking of you all and sending speedy-recovery vibes your way - to all.

Parents - please know you are not alone. You will do great, I'm sure. May the surgeons have the skill and expertise to do a wonderful job. Our hugs and prayers go to all.

My best,
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

surgery day

well we're almost there. Just have to get through one more day. My other two woke up this morning with sore throats, ran them over the dr. and they have strep throat. Just another thing to stress me out. Keeping them far away from nicole and spraying the house with lysol every minute. Keeping my fingers crossed. I keep asking her if she feels okay. So far she is fine.
        Good luck to everyone i'm sure we'll all be back on here when we are home with a whole new set of questions about post-op. Thank you all your great support through this. You guys don't know how much you've helped.
        Jennifer

Comment

Good luck and Best wishes to everyone having surgery this week. I'm sure everything will go smoothly and you will all be back here soon sharing the details of surgery and the first few days and weeks at home.
          Remember that we are thinking you all.
          Cheryl.

Comment

Thinking of all of you who had or are getting close to having surgery! (5:30 PM here, so I'm sure some are all done and on the road to healing) I pray that God guides the surgeon's hands and the surgeries are all quick and successful.
            AC had 2nd MRI today - 1st one didn't get top part of spine. Uggh. But she handled them both very well. Surgeon had her do some bending x-rays to see how flexible top part of spine is. They showed it wasn't flexible enough so he will have to do posterior surgery. I had numbers wrong - her lower curve is 67 not 76 (ooops) and top curve is about 45. We'll be scheduling surgery once he gets these MRI results back.
            AC's mom - Melinda

Comment

Working...
            X