The Giolgi neurotendinous organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Giolgi neurotendinous organ

Fed (Spain) and Sotai (Japan) are two absolutely different methodologies applied in scoliosis. Both say that they uses intermittent elongations or tractions, because the behavior of this organs. Someone knows about this?

Originally posted by flerc View Post
    Fed (Spain) and Sotai (Japan) are two absolutely different methodologies applied in scoliosis. Both say that they uses intermittent elongations or tractions, because the behavior of this organs. Someone knows about this?
    The golgi tendon organs are really neat structures at the tips of our muscles. Lots of research being done in that region. They are supposedly the portions of the muscles that tell our brain what position it is in and what position it needs to be. The concept is called proprioception.

The other things they do is to control that amount of current from our brain that enters the muscle. For example, when we exert a maximal contraction, based on the angle/position of our joints, the golgi body can reduce the amount of electrical activity that flows from the brain based on a feedback loop. It does this in order to protect from injury. At least that's the current theory as I understand it.

As far as either one of these therapies, I'm not sure. Although I would anticipate it has to do with the neuromuscular control of the paraspinal muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by skevimc View Post
      The golgi tendon organs are really neat structures at the tips of our muscles. Lots of research being done in that region. They are supposedly the portions of the muscles that tell our brain what position it is in and what position it needs to be. The concept is called proprioception.

The other things they do is to control that amount of current from our brain that enters the muscle. For example, when we exert a maximal contraction, based on the angle/position of our joints, the golgi body can reduce the amount of electrical activity that flows from the brain based on a feedback loop. It does this in order to protect from injury. At least that's the current theory as I understand it.

As far as either one of these therapies, I'm not sure. Although I would anticipate it has to do with the neuromuscular control of the paraspinal muscles.
      Thanks skevimk. I found the following:
      'Must be borne in mind that the rest period is very important for Sotai exercises being effectives. In this period is when there are orders from the brain to the muscles and joints, thereby restoring homeostasis. The synapses speed is not as fast as we thought and is believed to occur several arches spinal reflexes at different levels, so a period of about 15-20 seconds is given. If you wait this time, the effect will be huge and we can see that we obtain positive results in areas not involved in the movement. For this reason Sotai achieves results with other techniques can not be achieved'.

I believe that Pnf follows the same principle too.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
        The synapses speed is not as fast as we thought and is believed to occur several arches spinal reflexes at different levels, so a period of about 15-20 seconds is given.
        Spinal reflexes would be an interesting thing to target as it is thought that a lot of balance is done somewhat absent of brain activity. These are called motor programs. These are things that you don't really need to concentrate in order to control. Like walking.

Comment

it seems that some therapies, are on track!

Comment

Working...
          X