What will my shape be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will my shape be?

Hi, I am due to have surgery July 2nd. And I was just wondering something. Right now , because of a past surgery(fusion of L/3/4 L4/5/)I have no butt-I mean its flat. I am not a skinny person, I am 5'4" and 130 lbs. Anyway, they are going to fuse me from my pelvis (take out the previous screws and etc. from L3/4 4/5)) and USE NEW ONES TO fuse up to right below the shoulder blades. I am hoping some of the shape of my budee will be better than now. I have about a 40 degree curve over to the right. My ribs are smashing on top of my hip bones. And I am in constant pain. But anyway, just thought I would see what ya all have to say about the shape thing. Thanks for any response. I am scared as heck of this surgery. But tired of pain. Whew!!! boomer
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Hey Im Syd,
    Im sorry to hear you have to get the surgery ,Its alot to take in but its going to help the pain and when they put the hardware in your back to correct it it will all be put into place where it should be and you might gain some wait with it too. I hope everything goes well and i will pray for the best Have a great week !
    [COLOR="Cyan"]59 degree curve birth
    110 degree curve now
    Sydnie SueAnn ^.^ Always open to help xo

Comment

Babyboomer16 - Before my surgery my butt had flattened out a little due to my deformed shape, during surgery my doctor put in some lordosis in my lower lumbar, and now I have a little lordosis, so it's not flat anymore. My doctor has given me a better shaped body than I've had for many years
      Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
      Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
      Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
      Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Working...
      X