No announcement yet.

How did you find out you had scoliosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you find out you had scoliosis?

Let's share how did we, or how did the person you are here for (I know there are parents here for their kids), find out you/he/she had scoliosis?

Mine was when I was 15 I was tailoring a dress. The dress had a zipper on the back side. Every time I would wear it, mom would say that zipper looks twisted. Mom called tailor and told her that seems that the zipper wasn't well put, but tailor assured it was ok and straight after I took it off. Then again tried it and tailor eventually hid the zipper so no one could see it was twisted.

I went back home to keep on touching my back and bend forward. That's when we saw something unusual. A hump. That was when the roller coaster started..

Comment

When I was 16 I had so much pain I couldn't move. My mom took me to the chiro and it was discovered then. I wish it could have been found sooner. I had been complaining of pain for 4 years, but it got so bad I couldn't stand it anymore.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

It was picked up at checks done at school in New Zealand, aged 13.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

It was not picked up during school checks so I guess I did not have it then.However, I remember my mother always telling me to stand up straight . She is gone now so I cannot ask her about it.
          Mine was found by family doctor when I was in mid thirties.It was just mentioned.No one said to do anything about it.Did not really bother me until 2-3 years ago when we moved to NC and I located my current surgeon.

Melissa

Comment

School checks in Ohio, age 11.

Evelyn
            age 48
            80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
            Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
            Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
            Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
            Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Working...
            X