Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterday

yesterday i was release from uc davis medical center
    saturday i fell on my back at the at the people 1st confrence in sacramento california I had to go back to the hospital where i had my scoliosis surgery at uc davis medical center.
    They took a load of x-rays. After that they took me back to the ER. So I can wait for some of the orthopedic spine surgery residents. Then after i meet then one of them said i may need a CT scan done in the morning. After I when Upstairs to the 14th orthopedic floor. After a stressful night on the orthopedic floor. I saw Dr Luna and a copple of the residents I met in the ER. Dr Luna Examed me the same way as one of the residents did in the ER. Dr Luna said I still have the photo of you and Dr Gupta in my camera. Then He said I looked at your x-rays and they look fine. I'm going to zoom in to take closer look at the x-rays to just make sure every thing still in place ok sweety. I said ok Dr Luna. Let Me just take this neck coller off. Then after a while later they had me walk with PT. I walked with PT. I walked around the unit 6 or 7 times. Dr Luna came back and said look like everything is in it place. I have to go back to see doctor Gupta for a follow up in two from that
    Last edited by kennedy; 06-14-2010, 05:14 PM.
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

I'm so sorry to hear that you fell! It's very good news that your new surgery didn't get messed up. I'll bet you feel a little off kilter with your center of balance since you are all straightened up. Be careful and get all better! ((((HUGS))))
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Wow that must have been very scarey - that has been my biggest fear since surgery. So glad to hear everything seems good after the xrays.
      Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
      Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
      Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
      Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Wow, so glad to hear you're fine. I'm sure you, and your family, were very worried. It really shows the hard ware is a strong as the docs say it is. I've been surprised that they don't just have everyone in a brace after surgery (and bubble wrap for that matter), but I know they say it's not necessary and you're proof. Best wishes for your continuuing recovery.
        Debra
        Debra
        Age 45
        Pre - surgery Thoracic 69, Lumbar 48
        Post-surgery Thoracic 37, Lumbar 39 (unfused)
        Fused T4-T12
        Milwaukee braced, 11 years old to 15 yo
        Surgery Sept. 1st, 2010 Dr. Boachie

Comment

Working...
        X