Pneumatic Skeleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumatic Skeleton

It is the main concept of ABR. http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10594
    We could believe it can not works in idiopathic scoliosis, as we can believe that nothing can works. But we can not ignore this concept and the fact that they are only ones in the world talking about it. I think that swimming is good, not because muscles improvement, but because it can reduce in some way the collapse of the pneumatic skeleton. I'm not sure of this, they say that the only way is through the stimulus of smooth muscles. I know it's a fact that this technique reverse this collapse in children with CP, so there is no (at least evident) reason to suppose it could not do the same in someone with idiopathic scoliosis too.
    I'm sure that if my daughter would have a pneumatic skeleton with much more volume, I would not be so worry about progression.
    I want to know if it could be improved by other means than the smooth muscles, such as some kind of activity or excercises like those of Schroth or Seas.

Please do not start new threads to simply point to another thread.

There are entirely too many new threads being started every day.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      Please do not start new threads to simply point to another thread.
      This is not what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
        This is not what I did.
        Must be your evil twin ;-)
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
          Must be your evil twin ;-)
          Who tell you to do such kind of comments!.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
            Who tell you to do such kind of comments!.
            Linda's brain reaches a limit and passes these comments along to her mind.

Fer, does pneumatic skeleton have a technical meaning or do only people with no medical training use the term?

That's a good test for whether something is real or not.

There is no limit to what the brains of people with no medical training can pass along to their minds.
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Hi Sharon, I understand what you say.
              I intentionally wanted to separete ABR from this concept in this thread. Suposse by a moment, that only Scroth in the world talk about muscles. You can think that is an unuseful theraphy for scoliosis, but you should not ignore muscles. You can not think that muscles not exists or has nothing to do with scoliosis because you think this about Schroth.
              I think is exactly the same with ABR and pneumatic skeleton.
              After months thinking in this concept, talking with ABR people, with parents who said me they thanks ABR for the fact that they children remains alive.. but most important of all, observing my daughter.
              As I'm saying to Pam http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...t=10526&page=2 I'm absolutly sure not only that pneumatic skeleton is a very important concept in scoliosis, but my daughter has her own collapsed.
              If I could I'll follow ABR without any doubt. I can not say the same about EDF, Fed, Somato emotional release, Eutonia, Okido... hundreds of alternatives I have in mind.
              I'm not following ABR only because restrictions. They are the only ones in the world giving a hope to improve the pneumatic skeleton as I know. I'm trying to know if there are other chance.

Comment

Working...
              X