2nd month postop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd month postop

well today my 2nd postop appt with my spine surgeon today at uc davis spine center i also have to get a x-ray done My appt want very well.
    We got there a little bit early. one of the nurses at the fornt desk said it been a long time.
    I told her i just graduated from high school 3 days ago she said congratulations.
    after that me and my mom went to go to x-ray want to get 2 x-rays done for my drs appt with my spine surgeon who the chief of orthopedic spine surgery at uc davis medical center. The nurse at x-ray said i can keep my bracelet and my ring on. the x-ray tech said i hear you tell her that you graduated from high school. he asked me what my plans wear after high school i said to become a nurse hear at uc davis spine center. Then me and my mom went back to the waiting room. After a little while later a nurse called my name Kara. We followed here to get my vitals sighs done. We followed her to a room this said gupta.
    A little while later a orthopedic resident came in to the room. the orthopedic resident examed me. then she said i'll be right back kara. Dr Tseng went to go find drs gupta and luna. I heared her say to them now be nice to kara she just graduated from high school. after i heared that i a immediately put my graduation cap on. Then Drs Gupta and Luna and Tseng came in to the room. Drs Gupta and Luna was shocked that Dr Tseng was right that i did graduated from high school. Dr Gupta asked what do you have there Kara? Then I gave him his plaque that i made him. They saw my serior photo Then Dr Gupta said is that kara? Then I said yes that me. Then Dr Luna and Dr Gupta said that a real good photo of you kara. Then Dr Gupta and Me had a photo take with each other. And Dr Luna did too have a photo taken with me to.

My 3rd postop appt on 9/7/10.
    Last edited by kennedy; 06-09-2010, 02:41 AM.
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Congratulations Kennedy, You'll have lots of memorable moments too add to this one. The pain will be forgotten, the milestones and special moments will not!!!

Best wishes for you and yours,
    Shari

Comment

Kara

Congratulations on your graduation. And your successful recovery!

There is an advantage to being a nurse with scoli helping scolis recover from surgery. I think that I would have felt much better in the hospital, if I could have had that "scoli nurse", to talk to at the time.

Set those goals, and go for it.
      Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Congratulations all round Kara!
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Wow, Kara! You have so much to be proud of...

What do you plan to do after high school? I'm very happy that your appointment went well and that you made it through your surgery with such success. Good for you!
          Amy
          58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
          Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
          Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
          2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
          Exercising to correct

Comment

Good checkup

Congratulations on finishing high school and having a good follow-up today! The whole world is open to you and you've overcome your scoliosis at such an early age.

Best Wishes,

Marissa

cyborg2be
            right thoracic curve of 74 degrees
            left lumbar curve of 44

Comment

Working...
            X