2 years and a baby!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years and a baby!!

Well I hit my 2 year anniversary...and I wanted to share my story.

I am feeling amazing and I just had our baby 10 days ago. I haven't had any pain or discomfort with my spine the entire pregnancy or in the last 10 days. It is the most amazing thing and I feel so lucky!!! I had her outside of a hospital at a birth center with midwife...no medications of any kind and her birth was a swift 105 minutes! I am able to wear her in a baby wrap without discomfort and have shed many a tear at just how great I feel!

For those waiting on surgery, uncertain about the future (having children), and if it really is the right decision I scream out a resounding YES yes YES!!! I never would have been able to have children again without the surgery and am truly blessed by having our first daughter after 2 boys!!

I share her story on my blog if you'd like to read it there.
    My One Crooked Momma blog
    Fused T1-L1 May 21st 2008
    From 51* to STRAIGHT! Thanks Dr. Shelokov @ Baylor

What a wonderful post! Heartfelt congratuations to you and your family!

Anne in PA
    Age 58
    Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
    T4 to sacrum fusion
    63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
    Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
    Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Congratulations!! I am so thrilled for you. A pregnancy without backaches seems so foreign to me!

It's nice having a girl after 2 boys, isn't it? Enjoy your cutie pie.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Congratulations!

What happy - as well as amazing - news!
        And she is not only beautiful, she's a hefty little newbie. That her birth was so easy is astonishing,

Could it be that you were so innured to pain after scoli surgery that it just seemed more tolerable to you??

Whatever, she's a treasure and your family pics are dazzling testimony to family happiness. Nb you should have your sig photo somehow blown up. It's one of the only such photos, that gets smaller when you click on it for enlargement. And you're so pretty!
        Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
        Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
        main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
        Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Cutie pie indeed! That baby is adorable. Congratulations on both counts!

Comment

Awww! Heartiest congratulations on your happy news!
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Congratulations! I read a lot of your blog and it is so inspiring.

I have 2 kiddos and am contemplating/preparing for scoli surgery. Would love to have another, but I'm probably too old and definitely too crooked at this point! But your story makes me think that maybe, just maybe, it is possible. So, thanks.

Evelyn

P.S. How old are you? (I'm sure younger than me judging by the photos, but I'd still love to know.)
              age 48
              80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
              Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
              Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
              Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
              Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Thanks all!

having a girl is so FUN...she's already gotten her toes done and having so much pink is just too much for words...I've prayed for a girl for years and a miracle to happen so that I could have a baby again...so I feel blessed beyond belief.

Could it be that you were so inured to pain after scoli surgery that it just seemed more tolerable to you??
                Most def not...I'm still a complete WEENIE for any pain...I was just able to put my body and mind into focus and control....I didn't have any back pain/labor so I was able to focus on everything else instead.

P.S. How old are you? (I'm sure younger than me judging by the photos, but I'd still love to know.)
                I am 29 and will be 30 in just a few months! I feel younger than ever thanks to my pain free life!!!
                My One Crooked Momma blog
                Fused T1-L1 May 21st 2008
                From 51* to STRAIGHT! Thanks Dr. Shelokov @ Baylor

Comment

What a incredible story, and blog. It's amazing how most of us have struggle through most of our lives. And then how blessed we are.

Congrats to you, your's and your lil' love bug!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
                  X