PDA

View Full Version : Surgery in two days...

Greenthumb
06-07-2010, 11:39 PM
I have driven to St. Louis from Houston. My surgery with Dr. Lenke is wednesday morning. It was crazy getting here, but I am ready. I get my central line in tomorrow morning. I know it will be a challenge afterward, but I am so grateful to have such a good surgeon and wonderful people praying for me. Life is good.

JenniferG
06-08-2010, 12:04 AM
All the best for an excellent outcome Teresa. We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing good news very soon.

rohrer01
06-08-2010, 07:53 AM
My thoughts are with you. ((((HUGS))))

foofer
06-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Great to hear you say that life is good. I hope your life gets better and better with this upcoming surgery. Big hugs, the gentle kind!

Debra JGL
06-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Teresa, I'm so glad to hear you're there, set and ready to go. You will be in my prayers over the day to come.
Debra

jsully
06-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Good luck Teresa. I will be thinking of you Thursday and then I will be going Friday. I wish you a smooth successfull recovery.
Janet

Back-out
06-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Here in case missed is a good wishes thread posted days ago
http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10656
There can never be too many.

And I thoght you were flying! Seems I remember you posting about plans for flying back, commenting driving was out of the question because of the distance! That explains your early departure. :) Of course, going is different from returning.

How super handy it will be to have your car there, afterward, though. You doubtless thought of this as you seem to have thought of everything!

Don't know how you and vehicle will be getting home (together or apart) but one way or the other, I guess pillows and pain meds are key in making al transitions.

Thank God this option exists for those of us trapped in a body which has become a prison. We belabor the choice, but it's truly miraculous that we have the choice at all!

All clear, and all good, Teresa! Soft landings!! :)

mbeckoff
06-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Best of luck to you

Melissa