PDA

View Full Version : Off to NYC...Surgery tomorrow, June 8th

JenM
06-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Wow, I can't believe tomorrow is the big day! My surgery is set for 8am at the Hospital for Special Surgery and I have to be there at 6am. My husband and I are leaving for New York City this afternoon and my mom is coming over later today to watch the kids. The past few days I have worked so hard to get everything organized and totally I am totally exhausted! Had trouble sleeping last night...I felt really calm over the weekend but now I'm really starting to get nervous! Hard to believe in 24 hours the surgery will begin!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support! Without this forum, I would have been so unprepared and now I feel pretty confident. You guys have provided so much support and I really appreciate it!

I also just wanted to say good luck to Joy, Janet, Jenny RN, and Theresa your upcoming surgeries this month! Joy, I will be thinking about you tomorrow, Janet and Theresa, I will be thinking about you later in the week and Jenny, good luck next Thursday! I'll try to post as soon as I feel up to it!

Bye for now!

JenM

Vali
06-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Best wishes for a safe and successful surgery and of a smooth and uncomplicated recovery. All the best.

JennyRN
06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I really enjoyed talking with you last night. I told my husband I felt like I was talking to a "long lost friend." Good luck. Hope to hear from you soon!

jrnyc
06-07-2010, 10:55 AM
best of luck...both you and Joyful are having surgery tomorrow...i will be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers for awhile....you are both having surgery in NYC..the best city in the world and the place with the best surgeons for anything and everything...including scoli! that from a born and bred New Yorker, but totally objective! :)

jess

JenM
06-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks, everyone for all of your support. Jenny, it was great speaking to you yesterday. I will post as soon as I can!

Best of luck to everyone! Can't believe it is tomorrow!!!!

Jen

kennedy
06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
hi jen good luck tommorow with you surgery
i have my 2nd postop appt with my spine surgeon at uc davis spine center he is DR Munish Gupta

JennyRN
06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Joy, I didn't realize your surgery was tomorrow. Good luck!

Debra JGL
06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Jen & Joy, first congrats on wrapping up what was I'm sure a very long "to do before surgery" lists. You're both in such good hands, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as well. Can't wait for your in recovery posts.

Debra

Susie*Bee
06-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Praying for you too. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you're up to it! Hugs.

Doodles
06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Best wishes for an uncomplicated surgery and recovery. You'll do just great! Janet

JenniferG
06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Good luck to all our June girls. Soon you'll be on your way to a better life. We look forward to hearing from you asap afterwards!

Kara, good luck with your post-op visit. Hope everything's going great for you.

joyfull
06-08-2010, 05:31 AM
5:30, waiting for my son to drive me to the hospital. Used the wipes last night and had a horrible allergic reaction! I had to take 3 showers to stop the itching the I got about 2 hours sleep. Oh well, I guess I'll sleep enough today. Looking forward to posting "on other side."

foofer
06-08-2010, 09:39 AM
...and we look forward to hearing from you from the other side. Good luck!

Back-out
06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Joyfull and JenM,

Well, I guess you've disembarked by now on your great journey to a better future!

Our hearts and minds follow you, waiting for good news.

Strength and good fortune to all!

Amanda

ADMoul
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Thinking of both Joy and Jen today. Best wishes, this will soon be behind you and you will be on your way to life with a straight back!