Calendar for Surgeries??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar for Surgeries??????

I just read Back-Out's post to Teresa wishing her the best on her surgery the 10th or 11th. We've all been wishing the 4 J's good luck, so it would have been a shame if we had missed Teresa's upcoming surgery. I clicked on the "Calendar" link, but it has birthdays. I wish there would be a way to have a schedule of surgeries so we don't miss giving our support. I know it means a lot to everyone during the anxious time before the surgery to get support from those who have already had it or those waiting. Any suggestions?
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Good luck to Teresa and the 4 J's. I think you could start a band. We could come up with lots of scoli-type names: The Women of Steel, The Screwed Rodsters, etc. I hope you have surgeries and recoveries without complications. Best wishes to you all! Janet
    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

surgical calendar... an ongoing problem!

Karen-- you aren't the first one to want a calendar-- and we do have an official surgical one. It just isn't working right for some reason and most people don't know how to access it. For the past couple of years I've been operating an unofficial one, but gave notice about a month ago that I would be stopping after this one. The problem with doing an unofficial one is that it gets "lost" (since I don't have "rights" to make it a "sticky" notice) and also, I'm 3 years post-op and waning on trying to keep up. I've asked people to help keep me informed of people to add to the calendar, but in the last 2 years, other than some of the surgery candidates themselves, I think I've only heard from one person. That means I have to search every post or else I feel really guilty. I just don't have it in me any more.

I emailed Joe O'Brien awhile back that I didn't think the official calendar was working. A few people had posted and even after waiting a few days, their surgeries never showed up. It usually takes a few days for them to be cleared/ok'd. Anyway, if you click on the links below, the first one shows the present "unofficial" surgery link-- and it's probably missing a few people. If someone wants to take over for the net batch of months, it's really simple-- you just edit the first thread every time you need to add someone's name and info to the list. The second link has the info in it about how to get to the official surgery calendar and post your surgery. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe Linda Racine can help out with that. Joe has always been really good about answering my emails, so I was surprised not to hear from him about this. It was a few months ago or so, and maybe he was swamped or out of the country or something. Who knows. Anyway, good luck everyone.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10103

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showp...48&postcount=2
      Last edited by Susie*Bee; 06-07-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: forgot the links... :)
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
      X