PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks and all is well

ShariMSU
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Just wanted to report that 6 weeks after my surgery I am finally feeling great. After so many complications I finally feel good! I am still administering antibiotics through a PICC line 3 times a day, but my blood work is looking good.
I still have a cottony, numbness feeling in my back, but I think this is normal. Are others of you feeling this?
I still need extra rest in the day, I find if I am real active, I need to lay down for an hour or so.
I went to a Memorial Day fiesta Friday night, planted 6 planter boxes Saturday (my husband had all my supplies on a table so no bending), went to my brother's on the lake Sunday and was able to sit and enjoy all the fun (no boating or in the water), and today I laid kind of low. I feel like I am back into life and not missing much. I go back to my surgeon to have my staples removed, for the second time. Can't wait.
I just wanted to report the good news since I have shared the challenges.
From what I can tell we all have our own little/big complications to deal with. It is nice that whatever, we have the support of each other here on the forum. It has helped me so much.
Thank you again to all of you regulars on here.
Here's to a good week ahead for us all.

jrnyc
05-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Congratulations, Shari...so glad to hear the good news...and happy to hear that the PICC line is doing it's job!

wishing you continued healing and no more complications...:)

jess

Doodles
05-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Great news, Shari. Keep that good recovery going! Janet

Confusedmom
05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks for sharing the good news. It's so encouraging to hear that someone can be getting back closer to "normal" life at just six weeks. Happy for you!

Evelyn

LynetteG
05-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi Shari, So happy to hear how great you're doing. Yes, I still have that cottony numbness feeling on my lower back and part of my buttocks :). All in good time hopefully that will go away, it doesn't bother me actually. The main thing is that I feel all the important parts of my body.

ShariMSU
06-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Thanks all for the thoughts. Lynette, glad to hear you have the same numbness. I really don't mind either. It''s just of weird feeling. You are so lucky to be off your meds, I am really trying to cut down. I am down to 2 to 2/12 Hydrocodone a day. I think that second surgery reopening my incision set me back a little. Thanks for sharing this journey with me. I hope your pain is still doing ok. Enjoy the week!

jsully
06-01-2010, 07:43 AM
:)GREAT NEWS!!!! Thank you for the info. Very encouraging!
Janet

mbeckoff
06-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I also have that strange cottony numbness feeling in my back , buttocks and my leg as well.It is strange but not horrible to live with.

Did you discuss driving?

Melissa