PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!!

gmw
05-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Well, folks, I have finally seen the the light of day. I had my first surgery on Monday, May 17 and the second on Thusday, May 20, I was in intensive care the three nights following the second surgery but seem to be on the mend now. I was released to come home yestereday and man has that been nice. I could'nt have have better care, but it is so good to be home. My family documented my progress at carepages.com if any of you would like to follow my progress. http://www.carepages.com/visit (visit Glenda Guess). I would enjoy sharing it with you. I have just today been able to read all the posts. So good to be catching up with all of youl

For any who may be looking for a surgeon in the Atlanta area, I have certainly been pleased with Dr Tim Yoon and the Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital.

Glenda

golfnut
05-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Glenda,
I'm glad you are home and starting your recovery. I'll be anxious to read about your progress.

LynetteG
05-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Glenda - glad to hear you're back home and I wish you a speedy uneventful recovery!

jrnyc
05-29-2010, 07:53 PM
hey Glenda
may you heal smoothly, peacefully and without incident! welcome home!

best regards
jess

JenniferG
05-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Glenda and welcome back! You've certainly done well, considering you've had two major surgeries so close together. I tried to look at your carepage but couldn't find you by name, I suppose I need to become a member?

Anyway, it's good to know another one's safely over the hurdle! Take good care and I hope the remainder of your recovery goes smoothly.

Doodles
05-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Glenda--So happy to hear the news that you are back home and doing well. I couldn't get to your Care Page either. Best of luck and continued steady recovery. Janet

Back-out
05-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Happt day! Hip Hip Hooray!!!
So glad to hear from you!!!

Keep on mending, girl!

Amanda

RitaR
05-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Congrats to you!!!! I remember how wonderful it was to get home finally. I felt like I had finally crossed the first hurdle once I got home. Laying in my own bed felt so good.
Again, welcome home to you!! You are going to be just fine now!!!

mbeckoff
05-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Welcome home

Melissa

foofer
05-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Glenda,

So happy it's all going so well for you! I smiled a big smile and sighed a big sigh when I saw your thread!

gmw
05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
I can't figure it out (how to get to the carepages.) maybe i can figure it out tomorrow. will let you know. (too many meds!!!!!!):)

Glenda

ShariMSU
05-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Glenda - so good to hear from you so soon! You sound great. Glad to hear you are home and the recovery begins. Keep posted how you progress.
I bet it feels good to be on the "other side". Blessings.

gmw
05-31-2010, 07:19 PM
you should be able to log in now just by using my full name, all one word with capital G's. We'll see. "GlendaGuess". :):)

jrnyc
05-31-2010, 07:45 PM
it says you have to "join" to visit anybody on there

jess

gmw
06-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Yes you do have to join. All you need is your email address and a password. It very simple. Let me know if you have problems. I would love for yoy to read it. - Glenda

jsully
06-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Sounds like you are doing great Glenda! Thanks for posting. I need all the the good news I can get, 10 days till surgery! Keep up the good work.
Janet

JenM
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Glenda-

Thanks for posting so we can see how well you are doing. I was so happy when I saw the initial post from your son when you got out of surgery! My surgery is 7 days away so I love to hear good news and I'm so glad you are doing well!

Keep us posted!

JenM

Shari
06-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Glenda, Congrats from me as well!!! Your surgery time line was very similar to mine in May '05. There was no way I could have got on here as soon as you.

Way to go,
Shari

gmw
06-04-2010, 06:15 AM
'what you don't see are that most of the posts are not from me. My sweet daughter-in-law and son are doing most of the postingl I can hardly put a sentence together yet. However, I will say, I am so glad it's over and I'm very gad I did it. I'm two weeks post surgery today! I'll be happy to answer specific questions should you have any you's like to ask.

Shari
06-04-2010, 11:17 PM
We don't care who is doing the typing or reading, we know the thoughts are yours and you are a strong woman.

Very impressive:),
Shari