pain in left shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain in left shoulder

I had my surgery on May 4th in Charlotte Medical Center.On May 11,I was moved to Charlotte Rehab Hospital. My surgeon does not have privileges at the rehab hospital so He was not allowed to see me there so I was handled by the house doctor. I was discharged on May 20. I do not have an appt to see my surgeon until June 9th. I have pain in my left shoulder. Who should I be calling about that ? Also, the doctor at the rehab hospital has set me up with PT locally. I was having 3 hours a day of PT/OT at the rehab hospital.

Thanks

Melissa

Melissa
    Any issues that you may have should be addressed by your surgeon especially in this immediate post op period that you are in. Secondly , you can expect to have pain in all kinds of various places. It doesn't always mean that something is wrong, just that your poor back muscles, and nerves were dealt a whammy and are trying to put themselves back together. If you still feel like it is somethng serious, call your surgeon's office.
    Most surgeons's don't recommend PT for several months following surgery except for a walking program.
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

I had a lot of shoulder pain (esp. from the brace) and even now my left one is really sore if I try to reach back at all. My Dr. explained that muscles are doing work for other muscles that are out of commission, some are re-positioning themselves and there's a fatigue factor going on too. You can expect a lot of aches and pains in different places for a while.

Anne in PA
      Age 58
      Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
      T4 to sacrum fusion
      63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
      Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
      Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Originally posted by ADMoul View Post
        I had a lot of shoulder pain (esp. from the brace) and even now my left one is really sore if I try to reach back at all. My Dr. explained that muscles are doing work for other muscles that are out of commission, some are re-positioning themselves and there's a fatigue factor going on too. You can expect a lot of aches and pains in different places for a while.
        So This is something that I should not get too upset about then?

Melissa

Comment

Working...
        X