wirst problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wirst problems

hi ever shince my scoliosis surgery my hand and wrist has been hurting all the time has anyone had the same problem? I'm bout brace for that problem and it helping the problem
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

I don't have a wrist problem but ever since surgery my left hand has been weak and my pinky is mostly numb. I had this problem pre-op, but only after sleeping at night. My surgeon had me do an MRI a couple days before surgery just to make sure I didn't have a problem in my upper back....i didn't, and he said its likely an issue with my ulnar nerve, most likely something in my elbow. I wear a brace at night now that seems to be helping some.

Rich
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar 65 degrees
    A/P Fusion T10-Pelvis by Dr. Christopher Good
    Virginia Spine Institute, Reston, VA 3/17/10, 3/18/10
    Post-Surgery Lumbar 19 degrees, and 2" in height

Comment

After my first surgery I had a problem with my pinkies too, the right more so. They were weak and upon wakening in the morning they would "click" ALOT. I would have to work them out before my hands felt comfortable. I never mentioned it to my surgeon and eventually it went away. Like a year and half later! I assume maybe it was positioning during the 11 hr surgery.
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
      X