PDA

View Full Version : what to wear under brace-ladies only

mbeckoff
05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I am going to be wear my TLSO brace for at least the next 4-6 months and while I do not mind wearing it,I just do not know what to wear under it. I cannot wear under it that is tight near my incision but if I a not wearing a bra then my breasts hurt so I do not know what to do.

what are you wearing under your brace?

Melissa

leahdragonfly
05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi there,

Have you tried the UnderArmour Womens Sleeveless (or short-sleeved) HeatGear shirts? They have quite a snug fit (they call it "compression" fit) so they would provide a very slight amount of breast support, but they are smooth and cool underneath a brace. You can search for them online.

Good luck,

MarlenePowers
05-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I wore a sports bra. Make sure to use the ones that don't have a seam in the middle of the back. Fruit of the Loom and Hanes both make them. They have about 6 hooks in the front so their relatively easy to get into. Comfy too.

Get well soon.

Shari
05-22-2010, 01:15 AM
I wore T-shirts under my brace and my mother's underware (she's bigger:p) on my bottom. Did not look good but very functional. My turtle shell had velcro made by NASA. I could not get it off by myself.
Shari

LynetteG
05-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I wore sports bras and a T-shirt over that, but then the brace was rubbing along the top part of my arm causing me a horrible itchy rash, so I ended up having to wear a sweater every time I wore the brace. I was a sweaty Lynettie :)

naptown78
05-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I just wear a short or long sleeved soft top underneath. No bra. It fits so tight that the brace provides all the support I need (not that I'm all that big anyway). Good luck:-)

ADMoul
05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Can you try the camisole tops that have the soft built in bras? They worked for me before I could deal with putting a bra on. I have been out of my brace completely for about the last 2 weeks. Since then, I don't have nearly as much of that shoulder blade pain. They are sort of heavy for those healing muscles to support but I really didn't mind it too much.

naptown78
05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
I have been wearing those camis with the built in bras under my brace since the weather has been warmer this week and they work well. I can't wait till I am out of my brace!

mbeckoff
05-24-2010, 04:49 PM
I have been wearing those camis with the built in bras under my brace since the weather has been warmer this week and they work well. I can't wait till I am out of my brace!

Where have you found them?

Melissa

ADMoul
05-24-2010, 08:06 PM
I got some at Kohl's (don't know if that's a chain in your area) and most dept. stores have them in the lingerie section.

naptown78
05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Melissa,
I have gotten them at Kohls, Meijer, JC Penney, Target. Lots of places sell them, even Walmart I suspect! I lived in them after my first surgery as a bra annoyed me and my incision.

mbeckoff
05-25-2010, 07:58 AM
I am going to look for them . I think that I have seen them and that they will help me out

thanks

melissa

mbeckoff
05-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.I have found some tanks that are working just fine

Melissa