Scott's exercise videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott's exercise videos

By popular demand these are Scott's exercise videos.

Scott is 6.5 and too young to fit into a torso rotation machine. In addition he isn't coordinated enough to do the "at home" exercise in Dr. Kevin McIntire's 2008 study.

These are my best approximations until Scott turns 8 and can fit into a torso rotation machine. We took these videos at Scott's grandparents house this afternoon.

Exercise video 1 "rotators"
    3 times per week in the morning before school

Exercise video 2 "canyons"
    2 times per week in the morning before school

In addition to these exercises we do general strength training.

Disclaimer
    I am neither a doctor nor a physical therapist. Always consult a qualified physician before you or your child starts any exercise program.
    Last edited by Dingo; 05-15-2010, 10:12 PM.

It looks rather painful to me. He seem's more than cooperative, though. I hope it works. Like I said in another post, my son had scoliosis very young and it resolved itself by adolescence. He's as straight as an arrow! I didn't do anything special, I didn't know there WAS anything I could do.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

And, most importantly, may we add, "cute kid"

Thanks for the videos!

Comment

exercises

rohrer01

It looks rather painful to me. He seem's more than cooperative, though.
        Scott has an approximately 10 degree curve so regular exercise is not painful at all. In fact he doesn't even know that he has Scoliosis.

If he was a teenager we could do more strength training. However as a little kid we can only do short bursts for a few minutes. Five or ten minutes is fun, beyond that... EEEEeeeee When we do weights he gets to play Wii during breaks. It's an easy way to keep his interest up and make it fun.

I didn't know there WAS anything I could do.
        God bless the internet. 10 or 20 years ago I wouldn't have had access to so much information.
        Last edited by Dingo; 05-17-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

tomato

hdugger

may we add, "cute kid"
          Oh, thank you.

I should note that you might have a different opinion if you saw what his face looked like after his mother puts a tomato on his plate.
          It's a whole lot of this...

Comment

45 degrees

BTW I should add that in both exercises we do relatively narrow rotations. Most of the time we keep it to no more than 45 degrees or so.

Scroth forbids large rotations. In addition the torso rotation studies looked at the impact of relatively tight rotations. I believe somewhere around 30 degrees.
            Last edited by Dingo; 05-17-2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X