Spinecor brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor brace

I have a daughter who will be 14 years old next week, she is a competetive gymnast who works out close to 20 hours a week and was just diagnosed with scoliosis. Her curve is about 45 degrees. She is absolutely freaking out about this and how it will affect her gymnastics. We are going for a consult next week regarding the Spinecor brace and I am wondering if anyone has a similar situation with a curvature of this degree and tried the Spinecor brace and if so how was your result.
    Thanks,
    Patrice

Patrice

i'm 12 and i have the exact same problem in dancing. I have to do a minimum amount or i can't compete. tell me how your daughter works out with it k!!!!

whats a spinecor brace???

manda

Comment

RE: What is the spinecor brace?

Hi Manda,

The spinecor brace is another type of brace that is fairly new. It is not the typical hard plactic type of brace and is supposed to be more easily tolerated and easier to move around in, which is very important to my daughter because of her gymnastics. My older daughter had a Boston brace and then eventually had to have the surgery, but her scoliosis was very aggressive and was diagnosed when she was only two years old. We are hoping for a different outcome with Rachel. The web site for the Spinecor brace is www. nonsurgicalscoliosistreatment.com. Thanks for your reply.
      Patrice

Comment

i went to that web site and clicked spinecore brace.

Is it that rope thing around that ballet girl's body????

manda

Comment

spinecor for gymnast

Patrice -

Did your competitive gymnast daughter try Spinecor and how did it work? My daughter is a level 7 (training 8) gymnast that works out 25-30 hours a week and has a 19 degree curve. It has progressed 10 degrees in a year and I think we are faced with bracing. I'm curious if any one knows of a gymnast that has used the spinecor. Was the brace effective and can a high level gymnast actually workout/train in the spinecor?

Comment

my daughter is 6 and in spinecor she dabbles in gymnastics but is in no way competitive. She has no problems in brace, doing her every day activities. Spinecor is (as it seems) actually reducing her curve. I would suggest persuing this fantastic brace further.

Christine
            from CT, USA
            6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
            8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
            10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
            10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
            10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
            4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
            8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
            2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
            3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

Hi Patrice...

You've posted your message in the forum for adolescents and teens. There is a long Spinecor thread in the parents forum:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2733

Regards,
              Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
              X