PDA

View Full Version : Bigger feet?!

ADMoul
04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Once I started doing a lot of post-op walking, my feet have hurt so much. In fact, no matter what shoes I was wearing, my feet were uncomfortable. I just attributed it to increased walking, residual swelling or something. Today I was in a shoe store where they still measure your feet and lo and behold, my feet are a 1/2 size bigger! In fact, I ended up buying sneakers a complete size bigger than what I've worn for years and my feet felt so much better when I walked today. People in the store said your feet can continue to grow (??) and the fact that I had such an extensive surgery, re-balanced, walking differently, etc. could have been a factor. So, it looks as though I may have to replace most of my shoes because they all feel tight and I really don't have any ankle/foot swelling anymore. (I know, nice problem, but still a lot $$ out the door.) Anyway, just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Back-out
04-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Scary possibility! I have very wide feet and have spent a lifetime assembling a collection of very pricey but stylish (very) wide shoes in all styles. If I outgrow them, I'm shot.

I'll just wear Walmart's men's sneakers for the rest of my life and never get out of a house-dress, It's looking like I won't be able to dress anyhow.

And I thought the hand surgery was hard? HA! Just a few weeks ago I was cheering that finally I could walk around in something besides the hard rubber soled slip-ons! Such a pleasure to tie my own shoes...

Sigh...:(

Singer
04-29-2010, 06:32 AM
My feet were a bit swollen for months after surgery and all of my sneakers were tight. I was told this was normal and expected. They're completely back to normal now.

dianeh
04-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Hi Anne,
I too, had bigger feet for about a year. I am back to my regular size now as well.
dianeh

osumike
04-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Dang I hope not...I already wear size 16!

ADMoul
04-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Ok, so am not sending all my current shoes to the rummage sale yet. Good grief, this is worse than "fat clothes" and skinny clothes." :)

Back-out
04-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Maybe we should have a shoe exchange and post sizes! Anyone wear a 7 1/2 or 8 EEE (EEEE)? :D