Surgery is scheduled for 6/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery is scheduled for 6/29

I h ave thought about this for years and it is getting progressively worse and feel that the longer I wait the chances are slimmer. I guess, the only thing that really gets me excited is the possibility of loosing weight.:

I am going June 10 or 11. Very scary, but as you said it gets progressively worse. Good luck!
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

I am so excited for you Susan! What a big step. It will be here before you know it!

Glenda
      Glenda
      Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
      Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
      Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
      A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
      Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
      Pleased with outcome

Comment

Congratulations Susan and Janet on getting your surgery dates - I know how scared you are both feeling right now. I felt the worse part was the weeks prior, and then it was so weird - a couple of days before surgery I suddenly got this beautiful feeling of calmness come over me, and it stayed with me right up until the few moments before surgery. I then had a little cry of nervousness before I got my happy drugs through the IV, but then I was fine again, and then before I knew it, I was awake and all was done . Our minds can make us so nervous, but it's just the thoughts in our heads that make us scared, but the reality of it all is really not that bad. I hated the thought of being away from my sons, but it all went so fast, and before I knew it I was home again with my boys. Unfortunately I've had some pain in my leg for the last few weeks, but I think I may be turning a corner now, and things may be easing up here (keeping my fingers crossed), either way I know all in good time the pain will ease off. The best part once you get through this, you look in the mirror and it feels great to see yourself looking straight, and it feels great to hear your family and friends tell you how much taller you look, and to know that you don't have to worry about what your future holds anymore with having scoliosis and what it will do to your heart and lungs etc. So - it's all good - having this surgery behind you will be the best thing EVER! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!
        Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
        Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
        Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
        Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Working...
        X