Arm and hand pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm and hand pain

I have a 60 degree lumbar curve and a 55 degree thoracic curve and have been having pain in my arms lately. I've also been having some pain and weakness in my fingers. The doctors tested me for carpal tunnel syndrome, but the tests were normal. Has anyone else experienced this kind of pain? Do people get pain in their arms from the spine rotation?

I have the same thing in my right arm and leg, and that's what they're telling me so far - I still have a lot to learn... I'm reading a couple of books reccommended on here, and they talk about how the space for the nerves that come out of your spinal cord to go to your extremities can get narrower and cause symptoms like that - I think it's called stenosis. The worst part is if I forget and put my cellphone on vibrate in my right pants pocket, I can't feel it ring
    Pre-surgery: upper curve 44 (and kyphosis), lower curve 45
    Post-surgery: under 20, both curves (doesn't even qualify as scoliosis anymore )

surgery: August 29, 2005
    fusion T5-L3
    Surgeon - Dr. Ted Wagner at University of Washington (Seattle)

Scar getting to the point where people either don't notice it or think it is from something much less serious!

Comment

I have a thoracic and lumbar curve and was considering scoliosis surgery. When I got an MRI on my entire spine done, they found that I had stenosis and pressure on my spinal cord at C5,6 and 7. The doctor can not do scoliosis surgery until I get surgery on my cervical spine. Although I don't have any pain in my hands or fingers I have read on another web site that many people with cervical problems have those symptoms. I hope this helps.

Comment

I had numbness in my fingers for years and couldn't sleep on my back because my hands would go to sleep. I am 6 months post-op and the numbness is totally gone and I'm sleeping on my back and guess what...my hands are fine.

Comment

Working...
        X