PDA

View Full Version : It was worth it!

ADMoul
04-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Last night I sang in the first of 3 choral concerts I have this weekend. Choral singing is my passion, and I cannot tell you the joy I experienced in being able to stand for the better part of 2 hours without pain. It is so freeing both mentally and physically to know that pain is gone, and I can focus on the positive things in life. People tell me I look different, that my face even looks different and I think it's because that chronic pain/"my God-what-am-I-going-to-do about-my back" syndrome which has ruled my life for so many years is gone. Of course I still have some healing aches and pains and won't know for another month if the parts missing hardware are fusing yet, but I feel like I have been given a new lease on life!

Singer
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
That's great!! You're having one of those ultra-fast recoveries people are talking about...;)! I'm happy for you!

gmw
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
How exciting. Glad you're doing so well!

Lorz
04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Last night I sang in the first of 3 choral concerts I have this weekend. Choral singing is my passion, and I cannot tell you the joy I experienced in being able to stand for the better part of 2 hours without pain. It is so freeing both mentally and physically to know that pain is gone, and I can focus on the positive things in life. People tell me I look different, that my face even looks different and I think it's because that chronic pain/"my God-what-am-I-going-to-do about-my back" syndrome which has ruled my life for so many years is gone. Of course I still have some healing aches and pains and won't know for another month if the parts missing hardware are fusing yet, but I feel like I have been given a new lease on life!

That is wonderful to hear! I am new to the forum, but have been reading posts for months. I really can identify with your"My God what am I going to do about my back" comment, because it pretty much describes my life. I would love to ask you more questions, if you are agreeable to such. I have an appt. with Dr. Lonner in June, and am also in PA. Best Wishes for a continued, speedy recovery, and more pain free days ahead!

JenniferG
04-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I feel your joy, Anne and totally "get" it!:D

mbeckoff
04-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Anne,

That is such great news and I am so happy for you

Melissa

jrnyc
04-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Anne...so happy for you! :) i know you've been through alot!

Lorz...i have been a patient of Dr Lonner for over 5 years while he has followed my curves...just this month he offered to do minimal invasive lumbar for me...something not offered to me just a year ago! i expect to go thru with the surgery within 12 months...i have things to attend to before that, including gaining some weight, as i am down to 94.5 pounds on his scale, from lack of appetite due to pain meds! my discs are really really bad...but he thinks he can fix all of it with fusion as well as a couple of osteotomies and lamenectomies! :eek:
i trust him completely, though, and he is the only doctor i am interested in having...

i didnt see anything in your post about where your curve(s) is/are...do you want to say where you think you will need fusion...? have you tried pain management..?

best regards
jess

foofer
04-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Anne,

I have not yet had surgery but am familiar with those moments of realizing that you are in a new place, a terrific place, after some mind-wrenching decisions had to be made.

Great to hear, way to go!

Amy

Doodles
04-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Anne--
That is a great story. Very happy for you & wish you well. Janet

Lorraine 1966
04-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Anne, congrats and hugs to you, so happy for you, I really am. As Janet said on another thread, there are just so many happy positive stories on here today all such a pleasure to read,

Bless you
Lorraine.

debbei
04-25-2010, 07:29 AM
YEAH Anne!! I am so glad things turned out so well for you.

titaniumed
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Anne

Isn't it nice to have the balloon pop? That balloon of tension.

I'm happy for you. It only gets better and better.
Ed

naptown78
04-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Anne, I am so very happy for you! I am in your same place right now, looking forward to all the things I can do now that my back is better...Isn't it such a great feeling?

dianeh
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi Anne, Congrats from me also. I remember singing in a concert the Easter after my surgery and found I could sing a whole step higher! One of the unexpected pleasures. Did you find that with your voice as well?
Diane