For Linda Racine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Linda Racine

How does private messaging work and how is it different from brief reply or other messaging? I have found they all limit the amount of characters used and some people on the forum exchange e-mail addresses. Also, some people write that they have sent a private message concerning a topic. I see at the top of the screen that we are notified if there is one. I'm a little confused.
    I sometimes have something to share with someone who's had a similar experience but don't want to be completely public about it. Or, I have some messages that I'd like to answer but I'm informed they're too long and I have to shorten them which is frustrating.
    Thank you, dianeh
    ant./post. fusion Jan. '06
    T3- sacrum
    dbl.curve, T47,L43

Originally posted by dianeh View Post
    How does private messaging work and how is it different from brief reply or other messaging? I have found they all limit the amount of characters used and some people on the forum exchange e-mail addresses. Also, some people write that they have sent a private message concerning a topic. I see at the top of the screen that we are notified if there is one. I'm a little confused.
    I sometimes have something to share with someone who's had a similar experience but don't want to be completely public about it. Or, I have some messages that I'd like to answer but I'm informed they're too long and I have to shorten them which is frustrating.
    Thank you, dianeh
    Hi...

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I do not have the ability to lengthen the maximum number of characters allowed in private messages.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

For Linda Racine

I can see why you were confused. Private messaging is limited to a certain number of characters. If you want to write a longer message you need to put it on the forum or exchange e-mail addresses. Is that correct?
      dianeh
      T3- sacrum
      dbl.curve, T47,L43

Comment

Diane-- (if you don't mind someone else stepping into this thread...) a lot of folks just divide their PMs into segments so they will send... You can always write it as a word document on your computer and then cut and paste the rough amount of what will fit-- so you end up with it all, but sent in segments. (part 1, part 2, etc.) It's easier just to get the email address and go that route, but some people don't send out their address to others. Anyway, breaking it into parts like that still lets you keep it private but also lets you write more than the small amount they allow. Also, if you are replying to someone, be sure to delete what they wrote from your reply, or it also counts as part of the characters. Good luck!
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

For Linda Racine

Thank you Susie*Bee. You understood my question perfectly. I've tried private messaging a few times and my message is too long and I sit here trying to shorten it sentence by sentence and get frustrated. I've tried to figure out on my own if there' s a different way but didn't get anywhere. The two part message is something I didn't think of and I also don't mind at all giving out my e-mail in a private message. Phew!!
          dianeh
          T3- sacrum
          dbl.curve, T47,L43

Comment

Dianeh--
            I'm with you on that one. I'd always cringe when I hit submit to see if I had too many. Always! I did the same thing and rewrote and eliminated, etc. etc. It drove me crazy. Janet
            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
            X