X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliscore - Jess's buddy Lonner and interesting comments

I saw this posted on Fix's site...

http://www.scoliscore.com/patient-re...0/Default.aspx

N.B. Lonner is a paid consultant for Scoliscore per the final credits on the video. I'd like to know whether he holds any Axial Biotech in his stock portfolio also.

Three points:

1. his opening statement is that scoliosis *is* a genetic condition point blank,

2. they are saying the test is for girls and boys though still only Caucasians between 9 and 13, and

3. by Federal law, the test can only be performed on order of a physician and the results can only be reported to the ordering physician.

This last point of course triggers the question of how Clear is able to perform the test and ever get the results back which I think they said they are doing.
    Last edited by Pooka1; 04-21-2010, 02:54 PM.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

I'd be surprised if Dr. Lonner didn't hold Axial Biotech stock. This is pretty standard in the industry, and is (NOW) always disclosed.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      I'd be surprised if Dr. Lonner didn't hold Axial Biotech stock. This is pretty standard in the industry, and is (NOW) always disclosed.
      Well they said he was a paid consultant but if they said he held stock I missed it.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I don't understand why only caucasians. It was stated in the video that most African Americans have a very HIGH percentage of caucasian genes. We are such a mixture of races anymore, I don't know if anyone can truly call themselves anything. I don't think this should have a racial boundary. Sorry, I think it's just wrong.
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
          I don't understand why only caucasians. It was stated in the video that most African Americans have a very HIGH percentage of caucasian genes. We are such a mixture of races anymore, I don't know if anyone can truly call themselves anything. I don't think this should have a racial boundary. Sorry, I think it's just wrong.
          You're right... race is a myth. We are all African. There are no sub-species within humans like there are in other species. Humans are remarkably well-mixed. I think Oglivie said there is a 60% overlap between Blacks and Caucasians. I thought it was higher so I might try to check him on that. People are generally so ignorant about this and a boatload of other science.

Anyway the issue of thinking the test is only accurate with Caucasians triggers the question of whether they are indeed finding only AIS genes unless a different set of genes is responsible for AIS in non-Caucasians. I don't know whether they simply didn't test this with non-Caucasians or what because given the known high degree of mixing, I would expect it to work with the same accuracy in anybody.

The most interesting question is if Clear is offering the test and getting the results back. That is against Federal law, they are not equipped to interpret it, and they don't have the relevant training to pursue the appropriate treatment. These are children we are talking about.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

hmmmmm...i dont get why this is so awful....any more so than Dr Anand having a financial interest in the equipment they use during his minimal invasive surgery technique...i guess lots of doctors nowadays have financial interest in stuff related to their specialties...
            could someone please explain what is so wrong with this...cause i am ignorant here...
            i still like him for my surgeon! so i guess he is still my buddy

thanks
            jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
              hmmmmm...i dont get why this is so awful....any more so than Dr Anand having a financial interest in the equipment they use during his minimal invasive surgery technique...i guess lots of doctors nowadays have financial interest in stuff related to their specialties...
              could someone please explain what is so wrong with this...cause i am ignorant here...

thanks
              jess
              NO! Not awful! I just want to know how much he likes it or whether it stops at getting paid to talk about it.

If he holds stock then maybe I want to hold stock. That's what I meant.

I mentioned Axial Biotech to my husband to investigate for our portfolio and I think if all these top surgeons hold boatloads of Axial Biotech stock then that might matter to our decision to hold or not and for how long.
              Last edited by Pooka1; 04-22-2010, 06:11 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

oh...OK...good...if the stock does well, maybe all you guys can benefit!
                yeaaaaa Dr Lonner!

jess

Comment

oh...OK...good...if the stock does well, maybe all you guys can benefit!
                  yeaaaaa Dr Lonner!

jess
                  From that video I can see why you like him as your surgeon. He has a very good manner about him.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

yup...i find him to be confident without being arrogant....compassionate and wise...great combination!

jess

Comment

thanks
                      jess
                      Jess,

You're right - it's very common from what I understand for doctors to have financial ties to some of the stuff related to their specialties. That alone would never sway my opinion of a doctor. I don't know Dr. Lonner personally but since he performs VBS I know some of the parents of his patients - and they (unanimously) adore him. His peers also seem to think the world of him. So he seems to have quite a few "buddies" out there
                      mariaf305@yahoo.com
                      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

thanks, mariaf...good to know others feel the same way that i do!

jess

Comment

yup...i find him to be confident without being arrogant....compassionate and wise...great combination!

jess
                          Funny, you also just decribed Dr. Betz perfectly

The two of them seem to have a very good professional relationship from what I can tell - and I can understand why.
                          mariaf305@yahoo.com
                          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Too dilute

Okay Scoliscore is being marketed for Axial Biotech, Inc. by DePuy Spine, Inc. which is an operating company of DePuy, Inc. which is a Johnson & Johnson company.

So to play Scoliscore, all you can do is buy Johnson and Johnson.

http://www.investor.jnj.com/stock-information.cfm

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Glad no one is questioning Dr. Lonner's integrity. I am scheduled for surgery with him on June 8th! This is a fascinating test. Is it routinely performed? My scoliosis was diagnosed at age 10 or 11. I wore a brace through "junior high," as it was called at the time, and it did nothing. I hope today's braces are more effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X