PDA

View Full Version : second surgery, 1st for scoliosis

Lotta51
04-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I was ranover by a truck as a pedestrian in 1994. Multiple pelvic and back fx. They did a fusion with instrumentation from T10 to L2. I now need complete back reconstruction. Dx. Sacral Coronal Deformity Psuedo Arthrosis. I have a 20 degree sacral inclination 10cm rt/ 20cm frontal. The procedure they want to do is a posterior instrumental reconstruction T2 to sacral pelvis Osteotomy 1 or 2 column. I am not in bad pain. Live in Tennessee and have to go locally. I use a walker which they said I would be able to get rid of. Right now I can dig a garden, move furniture almost everything. I am terrified of this and really appreciate this forum as I don't know anyone who has had this extensive surgery and I appreciate any input form those who are in the same boat. :eek:

LindaRacine
04-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi Lotta...

I think it's good that you're concerned. In my opinion (I'm not a medical professional, however), the people who who don't have a lot of pain going into these big surgeries, seem to be the unhappiest afterward. Have you gotten multiple opinions?

Regards,
Linda