second surgery, 1st for scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second surgery, 1st for scoliosis

I was ranover by a truck as a pedestrian in 1994. Multiple pelvic and back fx. They did a fusion with instrumentation from T10 to L2. I now need complete back reconstruction. Dx. Sacral Coronal Deformity Psuedo Arthrosis. I have a 20 degree sacral inclination 10cm rt/ 20cm frontal. The procedure they want to do is a posterior instrumental reconstruction T2 to sacral pelvis Osteotomy 1 or 2 column. I am not in bad pain. Live in Tennessee and have to go locally. I use a walker which they said I would be able to get rid of. Right now I can dig a garden, move furniture almost everything. I am terrified of this and really appreciate this forum as I don't know anyone who has had this extensive surgery and I appreciate any input form those who are in the same boat.
    Surgery T3-Sacrum
    November 2010 Age 59
    Dr Brian O'Shaughnessy Nashville, TN

Hi Lotta...

I think it's good that you're concerned. In my opinion (I'm not a medical professional, however), the people who who don't have a lot of pain going into these big surgeries, seem to be the unhappiest afterward. Have you gotten multiple opinions?

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X