Quantum Touch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Touch!

Well, I hope that post would not be nominated as the post of the month, like it had occurs with that about Breusse massage Ha!
    I bought this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Touch-...der_155643393X
    If you go to page 9 and if I have not understand it wrong, you'll read how the author related the reversing of an adult and great scoliosis in few minutes.
    It's something quit difficult to believe of course. But I have read all the explanation about how could it be that something so incredible could occurs and really I could not say that it's against the logic. I think that all could be view as a Problem Solving matter. Any reasoning could be logic or illogic, depending on the assumptions taken in account and the inference rules we are applying. These assumptions could be basic assumptions (like axioms in Mathematics) or based over other assumptions. Basic assumptions could not be demonstrated. I think that when is obvious the validity of some assumption or exist an agreement about it, we refer to it as a fact.
    I’m trying to know the basic facts related to the scoliosis problem. It’s seems to be something impossible, I really don’t understand why, but it seems to be a fact!.
    Well, the assumptions described in this book, could not be obviously seeing as facts of course, but I think that nobody in the world could have a so great knowledge to assure that could not be valid. I could not say if its are related to the scientific (quantum Physics), oriental or mystic world or a mixed of its, I think that correspond in some way to Osteopath’s principles.. or Homeopath’s? I don’t remember but some of those disciplines talk about a great power and knowledge of the body that could be awake.

Well, I’m extending so much, but I know about others techniques so incredible and apparently against the logic as Quantum Touch, and I think that it’s a logic decision to discard something that is clearly illogic or clearly against some facts, or based over ridiculous assumptions, but if we cannot be sure of that..
    If I’d have scoliosis I’ll try to contact the 4 more advanced QT healers that I could join and pay to them for an hour treatment. I’ll measure my height before and after that, to know if it was useful or not. If I growth at least a centimeter, I could say it’s not an obvious fraud. If not, well.. surely I’ll feel swindled, but I could say to so many people that the best in my region fails to do what they related in this book and many people could get they own conclusions.

You REALLY need to stop believing everything you read!
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      You REALLY need to stop believing everything you read!
      Hi Lindaracine! Why you think that? In fact it could be impossible, at least I could have a so open mind that I could believe in contradictories affirmations simultaneously. I have read many times about we should only believe what doctors said in health matters, and obviously it is contradictory with Quantum Touch.

Regards

Comment

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1884

http://www.chirobase.org/17QA/shortleg.html
        Last edited by Pooka1; 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

You might want to check if all these fringe treatment providers you are reading have fake degrees also...

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Diploma_mill

It's a good bet they might not have a real academic degree.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Don't be fooled by the occasional (rare!) case of hysterical scoliosis. People CAN be talked out of that if you can believe it because the curve is not structural.

Here is one of these rare cases.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9797

Note how the chiros NEVER explain that this case is very rare and does NOT apply to 99.9999999% of patients.

Also, Linda knows of another case of hysterical scoliosis that straightened just upon being put under anesthesia.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Sharon, como te va?
              I don't knew about that kind of accreditation. If the only requirement to get it would be to show at least one success (or some percentage), it would be great, I ever thought there should to exist something like that and that we could see that percentages.
              If something like that could exist someday, it'll take off the need to do so hard researches by ourself.
              May be true what you said about it could be a functional scoliosis. I thought that only structural scoliosis could exists in adulthood.
              I called some Qt healers (QT exist in my country) and all of them said me that they had some successes and some failures, such as a method that could be considered not a fraud.

Un abrazo grande.

Comment

flerc - I think I understand what you are pondering. If such a thing could in some circumstances bring relief - what is the how and why of it. Seems quite a mystery. Is it Physical or Psychological? Could it be be tied into the placebo effect in ways we do not yet understand? I don't know.

Human touch is a powerful thing - lack of it, can cause failure to thrive in newborns.

Was reading an interesting article this evening and thought of your posting. Sharing with you: http://www.skepdic.com/placebo.html

Doctors in one study successfully eliminated warts by painting them with a brightly colored, inert dye and promising patients the warts would be gone when the color wore off. In a study of asthmatics, researchers found that they could produce dilation of the airways by simply telling people they were inhaling a bronchodilator, even when they weren't. Patients suffering pain after wisdom-tooth extraction got just as much relief from a fake application of ultrasound as from a real one, so long as both patient and therapist thought the machine was on. Fifty-two percent of the colitis patients treated with placebo in 11 different trials reported feeling better -- and 50 percent of the inflamed intestines actually looked better when assessed with a sigmoidoscope ("The Placebo Prescription" by Margaret Talbot, New York Times Magazine, January 9, 2000).*
                Last edited by mamamax; 04-14-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Hi flerc
                  please... please dont throw money away on charlatans or quacks...lots of people like to claim lots of cures that arent real..it used to be called "selling snake oil"..there will always be those willing to take advantage of trusting people...or of desperate people...

and remember..."if it sounds too good to be true"...it probably isnt true!!

scoliosis is a structural condition...so psychological treatment is NOT going to straighten a crooked spine!

and please...a cm of growth can be a manipulation of how one stands up to be measured!!!

jess
                  Last edited by jrnyc; 04-14-2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

mamamax, it's so interesting as all of your posts. I'm sure there exists great mysteries, at least by now. In fact I use to think about the greatest mysteries, I loved that kind of literature, I have read all the books of Carlos Castaneda, the greater brain breakers that could exists for me. But since the scoliosis entered in my life, I only could say that I'm so pragmatical.. If some System Accreditation could assure to me that QT had reverse some adult and great scoliosis as you can read in this link to the book, and supposing it was an structural one and it remains straight, I have not so many interest to know how it could works. I only would be so happy to know that exist a method that could do that.
                    It would be indifferent for me if it works under Quantum Physic principles or Psychological or oriental or mystic or a mixed or if in fact its a matter of intergalactic principles. Any way it would exceed me.
                    I'm only interesting about the founds of some method, if I think I could understand enough to be sure if it really could works or not. For instance I want to know the founds of Edf.
                    Please mamamax, when you talk with the SpineCor people, ask to them that question http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10276

Nice to talk with you and thanks in advance!
                    Last edited by flerc; 04-14-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

some see only what they want to see...

jess

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                        mamamax, it's so interesting as all of your posts. I'm sure there exists great mysteries, at least by now. In fact I use to think about the greatest mysteries, I loved that kind of literature, I have read all the books of Carlos Castaneda, the greater brain breakers that could exists for me. But since the scoliosis entered in my life, I only could say that I'm so pragmatical.. If some System Accreditation could assure to me that QT had reverse some adult and great scoliosis as you can read in this link to the book, and supposing it was an structural one and it remains straight, I have not so many interest to know how it could works. I only would be so happy to know that exist a method that could do that.
                        It would be indifferent for me if it works under Quantum Physic principles or Psychological or oriental or mystic or a mixed or if in fact its a matter of intergalactic principles. Any way it would exceed me.
                        I'm only interesting about the founds of some method, if I think I could understand enough to be sure if it really could works or not. For instance I want to know the founds of Edf.
                        Please mamamax, when you talk with the SpineCor people, ask to them that question http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10276

Nice to talk with you and thanks in advance!
                        flerc - please do not misunderstand me .. I am not supporting Quantum Touch - Just pondering your ponderings. Agree 100% with you - we must not be misled by quackary. Carlos Castaneda - I remember him ... being a child of the late 60's early 70's.

As for your Spinecor question, have you considered writing Dr. Rivard? Send me a PM if you would like his email address. Wishing you the very best.

Comment

mamamax, surely I wrote something wrong. I ever forget to ask for saying to me when I made a mistake. It could help to improve my English too.
                          I had never believe that you support QT. I only supposed that you believe as me about the existence of great mysteries. I'm not sure now if I understand what you said, surely because my English knowledge.
                          Thanks for said me about Dr. Rivard. I'll send to you a PM. I really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                            some see only what they want to see...

jess
                            jrnyc, do you are suggesting thay it could be say about me?
                            Last edited by flerc; 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                              mamamax, surely I wrote something wrong. I ever forget to ask for saying to me when I made a mistake. It could help to improve my English too.
                              I had never believe that you support QT. I only supposed that you believe as me about the existence of great mysteries. I'm not sure now if I understand what you said, surely because my English knowledge.
                              Thanks for said me about Dr. Rivard. I'll send to you a PM. I really appreciate that.
                              You said nothing wrong flerc, I just wanted to be sure everyone understood that I was not endorsing the Touch :-) Your English is far better than my Spanish. Yes I agree with you, there are many mysteries that defy scientific explanation. One of my favorite mysteries is Edgar Cayce. Sending you a PM :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X