PDA

View Full Version : Hooray -!!!

mbeckoff
04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I finally heard from my surgeon's nurse today and I have a surgical date.

It is May 4th. I cannot wait. I am in so much pain and am taking so many pain pills . I am so constipated because of the pain pills and because of the fact that I cannot eat fruit or bran cereal that I had been eating all along.
My GI Doctor wants me to try Miralex so i will do that . Now I have better go back working on my to do list that I slacked off on before when my surgery was canceled.

Thanks everyone for cheering me up before

Melissa

jrnyc
04-12-2010, 11:54 PM
great, Melissa...so happy for you that you will have the surgery you have so wanted......and that must mean that all is going well for your bloodwork...

it's weird...i dont get constipated from oxycontin or hydrocodone.....i have one of those stomachs that very little binds up....of course, now that i've said that, when i do have the surgery, i've probably just jinxed myself and will be bound up something awful! :rolleyes:
right now, the pills take away my appetite! Dr L. weighed me today at 94.5 pounds! i cant eat with pain pills!

i hope you reach the pain free life that you so deserve...and that the surgery is exactly what is needed to get you there! fingers crossed that May 4th ushers in a new and wonderful chapter for you!

best regards...
jess

mbeckoff
04-13-2010, 12:09 AM
great, Melissa...so happy for you that you will have the surgery you have so wanted......and that must mean that all is going well for your bloodwork...

it's weird...i dont get constipated from oxycontin or hydrocodone.....i have one of those stomachs that very little binds up....of course, now that i've said that, when i do have the surgery, i've probably just jinxed myself and will be bound up something awful! :rolleyes:
right now, the pills take away my appetite! Dr L. weighed me today at 94.5 pounds! i cant eat with pain pills!

i hope you reach the pain free life that you so deserve...and that the surgery is exactly what is needed to get you there! fingers crossed that May 4th ushers in a new and wonderful chapter for you!

best regards...
jess

Thanks Jess for the best wishes and good wishes to you as well

LynetteG
04-13-2010, 03:14 AM
Fantastic news Melissa, I'm so happy for you. That's not long at all - it will be fantastic when you're pain free.

JenniferG
04-13-2010, 03:31 AM
Wonderful news Melissa! Very happy to hear your plans are back on track. You did well!

gmw
04-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Melissa -- I am so happy for you!!!:D:cool::)

Doodles
04-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Melissa--
What a long road for you! But looks like a light at the end of the tunnel is very near. Congrats! Also, Miralax worked for me when a myriad of other things didn't. Hope it helps. Janet

mbeckoff
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I just found out that I do NOT have to go back to Charlotte for Pre-Op testing.They will take teh testing from March. That is also good news

Melissa

doodie
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Congratulations on setting a date for surgery! You're not in limbo anymore - that gave me stability - you can work around an actual date! :)

If your doctor recommended Miralax as something you can use I would definitely try it. After my second surgery, (because my pain meds were increased) constipation was a huge issue for me and despite 2 Senokot in the am and 2 before bed plus adding Benefiber to my foods and water and drinking a lot I was still constipated. I called my primary care dr.s' nurse to ask for suggestions - she recommended Miralax which I began taking that night and I must say I was a happy camper the next (late) morning

That Miralax is wonderful stuff!

naptown78
04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
I am so glad you finally have something to work towards. Be calm in these weeks before...
You will do great, I know you will and you will be in my prayers!

ShariMSU
04-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Melissa, what a great feeling to have a date to aim for. Just enough time to get things in order and planning finished. I am so glad you will soon get relief from your pain! Blessings to you! Shari B.

loves to skate
04-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi Melissa,
I'm so glad to hear that you are rescheduled so soon. That is great news. I wish you well. I'm going in for a little tuneup on Monday. I still have nerve pain more than two years post-op. We will be house hunting in N. Carolina when I recover. Just wanted you to know that I had my eye out for news of your surgery.
Sally

mbeckoff
04-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Melissa,
I'm so glad to hear that you are rescheduled so soon. That is great news. I wish you well. I'm going in for a little tuneup on Monday. I still have nerve pain more than two years post-op. We will be house hunting in N. Carolina when I recover. Just wanted you to know that I had my eye out for news of your surgery.
Sally

We love it here in NC. We have been here 3 years this coming July. Where are you looking in NC to move to?

Melissa

mbeckoff
04-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Now I am getting nervous and anxious like I was before. I just have to keep busy and focused .
Thanks for all of the good wishes

Melissa

foofer
04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi Melissa,
So excited for you. Seems like you have had a tough year and now you will be doing something to ensure a better future for yourself. I was impressed with how you pulled yourself together after your diabetes diagnosis. You got your numbers down, got a new appointment, and I will hope and pray for a happy, pain-free future for you!!

All the best to you,
amy

mbeckoff
04-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi Melissa,
So excited for you. Seems like you have had a tough year and now you will be doing something to ensure a better future for yourself. I was impressed with how you pulled yourself together after your diabetes diagnosis. You got your numbers down, got a new appointment, and I will hope and pray for a happy, pain-free future for you!!

All the best to you,
amy

Thanks so much for your kind words

Melissa

titaniumed
04-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Melissa

Good news. Pretty soon this will be all over, your date is soon.

I guess on the stool softeners and laxitives, it would be a good idea to have an arsenal of choices available, just in case.

You know its people that are in major pain before surgeries that really benefit....
The first time I was completely pain free was about 3.5 months post. It had been decades... and I forgot was being completely pain free was like. Think of this as a goal, you will be there soon.

Ed

loves to skate
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
We love it here in NC. We have been here 3 years this coming July. Where are you looking in NC to move to?

Melissa
Hi Melissa,
We are looking at New Bern. My husband has a sail boat and needs to be near the coast. I will have frizzy hair, but my skin should be happy.:)
Sally