Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming up on 3 years, think I'm done here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming up on 3 years, think I'm done here.

This forum has meant so much to me, but I think I am bailing out. If anyone needs to contact me, just send me a PM-- I get notified via email when there are PMs. I will try to check on the calendar thread for April, May and June surgeries every once in awhile to try to keep it current... but someone else can take over for surgeries scheduled for July and beyond, if you want to continue that way.

I have petered out with posts this past year anyway, so most of you newer members don't know me very well. And I am really disheartened to see that what I wrote earlier today to defend my faith, in a friendly way, was censored. You cannot separate faith from a person of faith. We are not idiots, either, who cannot understand science.

I wish you all well-- especially those of you that are in the early stages of recovery and those still to come. You'll see that it's difficult, but do-able. And the results will make it worth it. Hugs, Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

This is exactly why there should not be discussion of things like religion or politics. Someone always gets hurt.

I'm sorry to see you go.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Disgusting

This is absurd!

People can use the "damn" in their posts but can't post that they believe in God?

People can post irrelevant statements to the information presented ala Judge Judy and that's not censored either?

I stopped checking the web site in February because I didn't like where a lot of the discussions went with all the arguing. I decided to recheck over Spring break because we are 10 weeks away from Fusion Day to see if things had changed. They haven't.

Disgusted..............................yes, I was censored too.
      Thoroughly disgusted with people in this group

Comment

Sue*Bee: I've only been here a little over a year but I can fully relate to what you have said.

Please, do not leave. What you do, and have done here, is important work.

MitoMom & Sue*Bee ... I was able to read your posts before they were censored/deleted. Your thoughts, and those of others, touched me. Gone now, but not forgotten. Keep the Faith - I don't know how, but somehow .. it will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by MitoMom View Post
          People can post irrelevant statements to the information presented ala Judge Judy and that's not censored either?
          If you think that quote was irrelevant then you haven't been following along.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

People can use the "damn" in their posts but can't post that they believe in God?
            It's hard to take you seriously when you write stuff like this.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Special Forum

Linda,

Why can't we have a Forum for those of us who believe in God? I would love to read what Susie Bee had to say. Yes, foul language seems to be accepted, ( somebody by the name of Mike used foul language all the time ) but no reference to our Creator is allowed. Mike got a lot of support from this Forum and now that he no longer needs us, he is gone. By mentioning God, we are not proselytizing and if anyone in offended, they don't have to read in a special Forum. Without God, I wouldn't have been able to get through my surgery, since I didn't have the support of this Forum.

Sally
              Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
              Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
              Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
              Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
              New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
              Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Sally...

I have no control over (or ability of) adding or deleting forums. You could approach Joe O'Brien, but I suspect you won't get anywhere. If it's something of real interest to you, you might want to consider starting a new forum, or try finding something that's already started. For example:

http://www.christianhealingforum.com...g=posts&m=2581

--Linda
                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Don't Go

Susie Bee:
                  Your comforting posts have had great meaning for me and others too! I have felt your "gentle hugs" from afar although I know we are fellow Hoosiers! Please check in from time to time...
                  May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Please remove me from this listserv thank you

Please remove me from this forum, group, web page or whatever you want to call it.
                    Thoroughly disgusted with people in this group

Comment

Please remove me from this forum, group, web page or whatever you want to call it.
                      Like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, you had the power to do that all along. Just click you heels together three times and stop posting.

I'm sorry you are leaving.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Boy I leave for a couple of days and all h*ll breaks loose

Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by mbeckoff View Post
                          Boy I leave for a couple of days and all h*ll breaks loose

Melissa
                          I KNOW!!!!

Who could have predicted any of this!?!?!?!

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm with Melissa. Haven't been on here for 24 hours and don't know what happened. Either way, Susie Bee, I appreciated your posts and will certainly miss your calming positive encouragement. Janet
                            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
                            X