PDA

View Full Version : The importance of posture and balance

Pooka1
04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
posture/balance (http://cuteoverload.com/2010/04/06/evolved-kitteh-laughs-at-your-opposable-thumbs/)

titaniumed
04-06-2010, 10:36 PM
This is what happened in later life.....

Mom now has to hold me up, to look at the neighbors.
Ed

Pooka1
04-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Excellent!

I've seen that picture before I think. Amazing.

titaniumed
04-07-2010, 09:33 AM
And the neighbors keep looking back....
Ed

Pooka1
04-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Where are you finding these fat cat pictures, Ti Ed? :eek:

I think instead of studying scoliosis on bipedalized mice with the requisite constant worry about the lab being attacked by PETA, these researchers should work with cats who are bipedal by choice. :)

titaniumed
04-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Oh, just google fat cat. Some pics are classic! LOL

I started light, but I knew this was going to get serious.

We have a Charles River plant down the street..... They picket every once in a while...They breed mice and rats and they sell for approx $125 ea. Gestation. I believe is about 3 minutes, LOL

You cannot bitch, and go to the hospital. You just cannot. As much as I love animals, testing has to happen for advancement.

Monkeys would seem to be a choice testing subject for scoliosis. Most chimps and gorillas seem to have quite a kyphosis in their spines. I wonder if this has been done? Monkeys without tails.

I'm guessing that the tail is an extension of the spine. It dramatically changes balance and using cats for spine research wouldn’t make sense. I'm sure cats have been tested for massive amounts of cat food intake judging by some of the "heavies" that are out there.

Ed

Pooka1
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
We have a Charles River plant down the street..... They picket every once in a while...They breed mice and rats and they sell for approx $125 ea. Gestation. I believe is about 3 minutes, LOL

The knockout mice I imagine are very expensive but very conducive to the study of particular problems. The hope is always that they are well taken care of and not ever in pain.

PNUTTRO
04-09-2010, 07:38 PM
The treatment of laboratory animals is taken VERY seriously by experimenters and caretakers. It's regulated at the federal level and penalties can be high for non-compliance. Doesn't matter if it is a mouse, rabbit, dog or chimp.

There is a ton of documentation required to do any animal experiment and the researcher must justify both the procedures and the number of animals required.

p

Pooka1
04-12-2010, 05:56 AM
http://cuteoverload.com/2010/04/11/standing-cat-ole/

Vali
04-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Must admit he's very cute, but then so is Antonio Banderas aghrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!;)

rohrer01
04-21-2010, 11:55 PM
We've gotta keep a sense of humor! I had a bipedal cat once. He was huge and would chase me around the house, on his hind legs! My hubby is sleeping so I missed out on the music part of the videos. :(