Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today was one of those days I wish I was fused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was one of those days I wish I was fused...

Assuming fusion would take the pain away.

Had one of the worst pain days in a long while. The kind where your breathing pattern changes from the gnawing pain.

Argh. I don't even know what triggered it, all I know is, normal work day, was happily enjoying a piece of fantastic lemon squares as an afternoon snack and than WHAM, it hit. Something about the pain was different too... the quality of pain wasn't the same as my usual scoli pain. It's mostly gone, though still making noise in the background. ...yes, I get it pain, you are still there, thanks for letting me know...

I'm hoping I'm not having sudden (total)loss of the little disc height I have left between my wedged T10 and T11 vetebrae on the concave side... or worse my paraspinal tumor is growing/undergoing changes. Time to go see my tumor doc!

Just needed to vent... and here's to hoping I didn't sound like I was in labor breathing funny and heavy to my coworkers, haha.
    30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
    2005 - T50, L31
    bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
    2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
    Post - op curve ~35

Green m&m,

I'm sorry to hear you have a spinal tumor. I get muscle spasms in my intercostal muscles (the ones between your ribs) that have sent me to the ER because it hurt so badly to breathe. Yes, I would see your tumor doctor. At least you have a sense of humor about it. Sometimes I thinks that's what gets us through the day. I hope you find out good news and feel better!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

green m&m,
      I'm so sorry you had such a horrible day.That kind of a day is not just physically painful, but physically AND emotionally exhausing as well. At least they are for me. By the time evening rolls around, I can't even make a decision whether I want Taco Bell or McDonalds. My brain just does not functional properly simply from trying to handle the pain. I'm hoping and praying today will be much better. Were you able to get any rest last night?

I'm so sorry as well to hear of your tumor. Please keep us updated on your progress and how you are doing. Here's a very gentle hug for you.

Take care,
      Becky
      Becky
      51 years old
      Married 28 years
      3 kids ages 23, 21 and 17
      Fused T-10 through L-5 June, 2008
      Developed junctional kyphosis, flat-back and sagittal imbalance
      Revision Surgery June 27, 2011
      Fused T-4 thru S-1 with pelvic anchor screws
      Take 2 revision October 15, 2013 to locate source of continued pain
      Pseudoarthrosis at L-3, 2 screws removed

Comment

Thanks for reading my vent.

I did get pretty decent sleep last night, though I didn't escape from the odd episode of waking up super early and being unable to fall back asleep . The brain/body seems to know what I really want to do and does the opposite.

Oh...you need to wake up early? I'll pencil you in for oversleeping. Ohh, you can actually get 8 hours in tonight? Hahaha!!! You'll wake up at 4AM and stay that way.

Much better today, pre-medicated with my 'scoli-pain-dose' of advil (which is 800mg for first dose and 400 if I remember to take more 4-6 hours later...lol, I never do until it's too late, but can't expect much from the ADD brain that forget to take her ADD meds... Oops) at the moment, there's only a memory in my muscle of the level of pain, the amount I'd consider to be my normal discomfort.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Post - op curve ~35

Comment

wow..cant believe advil can help that level of pain!! seriously!

hope you feel better...but i think a call to your doc is in order!

best of luck
          jess

Comment

Haha.. I wish advil worked for really bad pain!

I rode through yesterday's pain cause once it gets that bad, advil won't even touch it.

I just preemptively took advil today to prevent it from returning full-force. Sometimes I think that I should get a script for narcotics to use when things get bad, but narcotics make me so itchy that I'd have to take benedryl, which doesn't work out when you try to, actually use that noggin for work and non-sleep related activities.
            30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
            2005 - T50, L31

2011 - T60, L32
            2013 - T68, L?

Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Working...
            X