PDA

View Full Version : Lynette's Update

LynetteG
04-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm doing well - drugged up so it's hard to type. I stood up and sat down in a chair and had a little wash.

Surgery was ten hours with minimal bleeding, the doc' estimated approx. 35 to 35 degree lumbar compared to what it was which was 85. So pretty happy with that. Will write more when I can - any news on Laura and Melissa?

ShariMSU
04-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Lynette - so great to hear from you and to see you are doing good. I'm so happy you are on the road to recovery. I know it must be hard, but you are on the other side now. I can't wait to say the same thing. You did it!

RitaR
04-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Congrats Lynette on making it over to the other side. Laura is doing as well as can be expected. I have not heard from her sister today, but expect an e-mail from her any minute today and I will pass along at that point.

jrnyc
04-03-2010, 10:58 AM
congratulations, Lynette...prayers and thoughts for your full recovery!

jess

allycat
04-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Lynette,
I am in awe that you were able to post your update yourself and your sentences made sense and you spelled everything correct! Amaxing! I canít always do that in an undrugged state. I'm so relieved to hear you are doing well. Just take everything one day at a time. You are now in the PRESENT! It sounds like you got a wonderful correction. So much to be grateful for!

You are such a sweet caring person to ask about Laura and Melissa. I was so focused on myself after my surgery I was barely able to ask how my own kids were doing. The only update on Laura is the one RitaR mentioned. Hopefully she will hear from Laura's sister soon. Melissaís sister posted on Thursday that Melissa was sitting up in bed watching TV between pushing her pain button. As far as I can tell thatís the most recent info on them.

When you feel up to it, give us another update. You are still in my thoughts and prayers sweetie.

mbeckoff
04-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Lynette, It is great to hear from you,I was getting a little concerned . I am so glad to hear that all went well and that you are on the other side now.
Continue to take care of yourself

May God continue to bless you with his healing powers and strength

Melissa

ADMoul
04-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Great to hear from you, Lynette. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Take it one day at a time and let yourself be pampered.

naptown78
04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I am so glad you made it through Lynette...focus on getting through these next few days. These are the hardest. You sound like you are doing well. God Bless!

JenM
04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Lynette-

So glad to hear from you!! You made it! You should be so proud of yourself. The toughest part is over! You are an inspiration to myself and others who are getting surgery in the near future.

Take care,
JenM

debbei
04-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Good job Lynette! I'm so happy to hear that you made out ok!! Keep up the good work.

Doodles
04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Lynette-
Congratulations on getting to this side successfully! It might not feel like it for a while but it will get better. Here's to a steady and speedy recovery! Janet

JenniferG
04-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Congratulations Lynnette! Has it sunk in yet, that it's finally OVER??!! You sound great and I hope the next couple of weeks goes as swiftly and as comfortably as possible.

Gee, ten hours. And minimal blood loss? That's great, Lynnette, you're doing well.

titaniumed
04-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Hang in there Lynette....

At times, things might seem hard, but it will soon be over.....

Keep the racing in the hallway down to a minimum right now. Itís the wheelchair racers, coming around the bend thatís scary! And watch out, they will cut you off!

Ed

joyfull
04-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Lynette, I'm so happy for you. You actually did it! Now your little boys will have a mom in better shape! Best wishes, Joy

rohrer01
04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Wow! It's GREAT to hear from you! I can't believe your typing is legible either! I was quite surprized to hear your surgery lasted 10 hours, wow. I'm glad you had minimal blood loss and hope this contributes to a quick recovery. One less thing your body has to recover from. I hope to hear from you soon. You are such a sweet person to be so concerned about others right now. You know many are with you in thoughts and prayers! Hang in there.
Take Care!
((((HUGS))))
:D

dailystrength
04-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the update! Great to hear from you.

Shari
04-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Wow!! So glad to see you on here so soon. Take care. You're in my prayers as well.

Shari