sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sex?

My Dr said fusing down to the pelvis can cause a loss in sexual function. Does anyone know is the loss is of sensitivity or movement? Couldn't bring myself to ask. I figured some of you who had been through it would know. Thanks!
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Absolutely has not been a problem. Just have to use a little, umm creativity during the healing process.

Anne in PA
    Age 58
    Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
    T4 to sacrum fusion
    63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
    Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
    Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

I can't see how, other than if there is severe numbness in the crucial area. I have numbness over my buttocks but it hasn't made any difference to anything.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

All systems intact

Originally posted by jsully View Post
        My Dr said fusing down to the pelvis can cause a loss in sexual function. Does anyone know is the loss is of sensitivity or movement? Couldn't bring myself to ask. I figured some of you who had been through it would know. Thanks!
        Was that your spine surgeon who said that???

All I can say is: who is he kidding?
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Oh my. This one even brought Karen out. I love it.

In all seriousness though, it is fun finding out what works and what doesn't.

You guys are dragging me down, both sets of my cheeks hurt from laughing tonight.

Shari

Comment

Originally posted by jsully View Post
            I think you may have misunderstood, as that's not a complication I've ever heard. Fusion to the pelvis or sacrum can, however, cause one to move differently during sex.

--Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

But, then again, so can lower back pain.
              Be happy!
              We don't know what tomorrow brings,
              but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
              X