PDA

View Full Version : sex?

jsully
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
My Dr said fusing down to the pelvis can cause a loss in sexual function. Does anyone know is the loss is of sensitivity or movement? Couldn't bring myself to ask. I figured some of you who had been through it would know. Thanks!:rolleyes:

ADMoul
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Absolutely has not been a problem. Just have to use a little, umm creativity during the healing process.:)

JenniferG
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I can't see how, other than if there is severe numbness in the crucial area. :p I have numbness over my buttocks but it hasn't made any difference to anything.

Karen Ocker
04-01-2010, 04:20 PM
My Dr said fusing down to the pelvis can cause a loss in sexual function. Does anyone know is the loss is of sensitivity or movement? Couldn't bring myself to ask. I figured some of you who had been through it would know. Thanks!:rolleyes:

Was that your spine surgeon who said that???:confused:

All I can say is: who is he kidding?;)

Shari
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Oh my. This one even brought Karen out. :D I love it.

In all seriousness though, it is fun finding out what works and what doesn't.:)

You guys are dragging me down, both sets of my cheeks hurt from laughing tonight.

Shari

LindaRacine
04-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I think you may have misunderstood, as that's not a complication I've ever heard. Fusion to the pelvis or sacrum can, however, cause one to move differently during sex.

--Linda

rohrer01
04-01-2010, 11:36 PM
But, then again, so can lower back pain. :eek: