PDA

View Full Version : 4 month follow-up! No More Brace!!

rich1752
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Just had my 4 month follow up. Doctor said everything looks good! Fusion is looking good and almost done, but won't find out for sure until a CT Scan is done. He believes that I will be completely fused in 6 months. He said that the bone stimulator has helped a lot. I will start physical therapy next month. Pain free, except for days I over do it.

rich

LynetteG
03-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Great news - so happy for you!

allycat
03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Yea Rich!! That's fantastic news! Keep up the good work!

gmw
03-31-2010, 01:59 PM
GREAT NEWS! You must have breathed a sigh of relief when you were told the fusion looked good and was almost done. :cool:

ADMoul
03-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah Rich--way to go. I look forward to the day I can kiss my brace good-by and hear that good news about fusion. Keep up the good work!!

titaniumed
03-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Rich

Thats great news. Nice to get out of the brace.

I never had follow up CTs done for my spine. Since my pain subsided, it probably wasnt necessary. I did have to have one more for
my gall stones after my scoli surgeries.

There was a thread here about CTs being having 440 times the radiation as a single coronal x-ray. Ive been thinking about that a lot, as Ive had quite a few x-rays and cts done in my lifetime.

Ed

Shari
04-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Congrats Rich,

When I joined here in 2005, there were not many men. I am so glad that you guys have felt comfortable to be here with a huge bunch of us women. We can get into subjects that a lot of men wouldn't even want to hear about. But, whether we are male or female, we still feel some of the same fears and concerns, (except ED:p)!!!!

It's nice to show that everyone is welcomed and appreciated here.

A few years back, we even let Chris W. stay here:D. If she sees this, I'll duck.:)

All my best to everyone, it has been a real pleasure getting to meet the newer pre and post-oppies. You guys and gals have such a great attitude. Glad to have you in the family. Just remember that we are here for you all whether it be good or bad. I had a very rough recovery, and pretty much kept it to myself. How stupid was I ??? So if you have a bad day or week, don't keep it to yourself, get it out!!!

Shari

naptown78
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Just getting out of the brace is a milestone! Congrats! You are on your way....

doodie
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi Rich -

Do you feel a little vulnerable without your brace?? I wore a corset for 4 weeks then a binder thingy for 4 weeks and it felt a little odd at first not to have anything on, but I got used to that in a hurry! :-)

Congrats on the milestone! There will be many more - some big, some small but ALL Important!!

jrnyc
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
congratulations, Rich...that deserves a drum roll! :cool:

restraining the jokes about walking the straight and narrow from here on in! :rolleyes:

very happy for you!
jess