PDA

View Full Version : TexEx (Melissa), Radiogirl (Laura) and LynetteG

allycat
03-31-2010, 10:12 AM
I can't seem to dive into work today because I'm thinking of you three. You are all 3 in my heart and prayers and I know without a doubt you will all arrive on the other side so much happier and painfree! Melissa and Laura, I'll be checking back constantly today for updates to see how you are doing.

Lynette, the same goes for you tomorrow. Take a deep breath of the calming ocean air and let it flow through you. In my opinion, you are doing a fantastic thing for yourself by going to a quiet tranquil place. Take advantage of the time and use it for yourself. Your kids will be absolutely fine. You know they are in great hands and will be taken care of so (as much as any mom can), let go of that stress. Focus on you for a change. I believe if you go into surgery as stress-free as possible, it will positively affect your recovery. Use the hypnosis skills you have to help yourself this time. The surgery and recovery are a very small price to pay for being able to enjoy, truly enjoy doing things with your kids. It's a speedbump in the parking lot of life! I'm sorry to go on and on but I remember the day before my surgery and I wish I had been as smart as you and taken that time to mentally prepare myself instead of doing laundry and making sure the kitchen was clean.

Ok, I'm going to try to concentrate now. Looking forward to hearing from all 3 of you!

LynetteG
03-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Becky - thank you so much - wonderful advice and boy do I appreciate it. I feel amazingly calm right now, God knows how I'll feel when I say cheerio to my kids in a couple of hours, but hopefully the calm will stay with me. I'm in acceptance mode right now, letting everything be the way it is meant to be, my life plan being what it is meant to be. So I really feel positive today, and know that I will be so much better off afterward, once I'm over the recovery stage.

I'll check in again tonight on my Iphone probably - and then after surgery I'll have my Iphone at the hospital to check in with everyone.

Thanks again,

Love Lynette.

jsully
03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Good luck girls! I'll be thinking about you all tomarrow as well. :)
Janet
PS: I love the analogy. "speedbump in the parking lot of life";)

gmw
03-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Becky -- Thanks for starting this thread. I was thinking about the three of them this morning too. Praying for them, their doctors and their families. Looking forward to hearing from all of them telling us how well everything is going. :)

ShariMSU
03-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I ditto what Becky shared. I thought of you all so much today. Prayers are with all 3 of you. I can't wait to hear your good news later this week.
Best wishes to you all! Shari

RitaR
03-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Lynette, that is exactly what I felt the day before and day of surgery.

TexEx
04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone,

I am Melissa's sister. Just wanted you to know that her surgery went well. She was awake and watching TV( in between hitting the pain control button). She was very thrilled with all of your good wishes. I will keep you informed on her progress until she can get to a computer.

allycat
04-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Thank you so much for letting us know! Please let her know she's in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated!

gmw
04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the update on Melissa. She has been in my thoughts and prayers. :)

foofer
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
So great to hear that 2 of the 3 are resting well on "the other side", and I will be thinking and praying for you two and for Lynette today, her day of days!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Amy

ShariMSU
04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Excellent news on Melissa, thank you for posting an update. So glad to see that Laura and Melissa are doing good. Will anxiously wait to see Lynette become an "other sider" today. Blessings to you all!! Shari B.

doodie
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Melissa's sister -

Thanks for the update...Melissa was in many people's thoughts yesterday.

Already watching TV - astonishing! :D Give her hugs from us please!

Doodles
04-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Wow--that's great--especially if she can already watch tv! Prayers for a speedy recovery. Janet

JenniferG
04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks Melissa's sister! Very glad to hear of Melissa's successful surgery. Great news!