PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow I leave my home

LynetteG
03-30-2010, 07:24 AM
So tomorrow I say too-da-loo to my boys, and then my best buddy Paula will be picking me up, and taking me to stay at her house for the night. She lives right on the beach, so we're planning to take an evening stroll along the sand and watch the sunset. She is a very calming person, so hoping between being on the beach and being with her will give me more calm - before the storm so to speak. Then the next morning we have to be at the hospital at 6:30am, and then surgery is at 8:30am. Please keep me, Laura, and Melissa in your thoughts and prayers.

jsully
03-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Lynette,
I wish you the best of luck on your surgery. I cannot wait to hear about how you are doing afterwards. I am glad you are taking this time to enjoy and relax a bit, what a great idea! Sending nothing but positive thoughs your way.
Janet

RitaR
03-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Sounds like the 3 Musketeers - you, Melissa and Laura. You guys do not have a thing to worry about. Just go into this surgery with the idea that you can do this. It will just be a relief knowing it's over with. You might have to have someone keep telling you this. I had my hubby tell me. He told me as soon as he saw me after the surgery and that made my day!!!! For sure!!

Best of luck to you three!!! Best of wishes being sent your way.

Nitram
03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Best of luck LynetteG! It will all be over soon and you'll be on the road to recovery!

Rich

gmw
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Will look forward to hearing from the three of you.:)

mbeckoff
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Lynette ,

Hope you have a pleasant relaxing evening tomorrow before your surgery just as I said. Then before you know you will be done and helping others over to the other side

I have you in my prayers

Melissa

JenniferG
03-30-2010, 02:55 PM
The road to recovery is just round the corner girls. A new, healthier life is almost in reach.

RitaR
03-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Too bad we can't all have a party when we all get to "the other side"......now that would be fun.

mbeckoff
03-30-2010, 04:57 PM
That would be great!!!

Melissa

JenM
03-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Lynette-

Best of luck to you on Thursday! I will be thinking of you and can't wait to hear from you when you recover. I am having surgery in about 9 weeks and like to read all of the positive stories! I am sure you will do just fine. We are all cheering for you!

JenM

ShariMSU
03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Lynette - i feel like I know you through all of this. Sounds like a peaceful way to spend your night. I agree with all the comments above. You will do great and just think you'll be on the healing side soon. I can't wait to hear how you progress. My day is getting closer....
I will be thinking of you and Laura and Melissa!
Blessings to you all.

debbei
03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Good luck Lynette, we'll be thinking of you.

Shari
03-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Blessings from me, as well. Love your sense of humor,:D even when things don't seem so funny right after the surgery. You'll laugh like hell a year from now!!!!:D

All my best to you and yours,
Shari---Sending you a cyberhug, hope you get it.;)

Doodles
03-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Good luck Lynette! Before you know it you'll be celebrating your first year anniversary--like me today. Just got back from dinner out with my husband. You'll do fine--all three of you. Janet

JenniferG
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Happy One Year Anniversary, Janet! I'm glad you went out for dinner. It's something well worth celebrating. I hope you are fit and well, one year out.

Shari
03-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Congtratulation on your 1st anniversary!!!! Feels pretty empowering doesn't it. You survived the battle and won the war!!!:)

Wat to go Janet,
Shari

LynetteG
03-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Thank you all very very much for your wonderful words of encouragement and support. I really and truly don't know what I would have done without all of you on here, this is an amazingly fantastic forum, all my fears and worries were taken away from everybody's insight and advice on here. It's so strange a few people said they'd had a sense of calm a couple of days before the surgery, and strangely enough, today I felt pretty calm. I did have a tearful moment when I hugged my mum, and she was saying "Don't worry, you'll be back home with your mum and little boys before you know it." I got a little emotional at that. The hardest part of all of this is leaving my sons - however, it's temporary and I know I will be sooo much better off afterward once I've recovered. I'm looking forward to being pain free, standing straighter, and standing taller :)

Doodles
03-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the anniversary wishes! Lynette you'll be having good anniversaries along the way too. Days, weeks, months--all will be little milestones. Janet