PDA

View Full Version : My Weight

LynetteG
03-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm concerned about being overweight by 40 lbs for my upcoming surgery on Thursday. Unfortunately my neck has felt as though it was broken for almost the last two weeks, so I was unable to do cardio. Also with the stress of thinking about surgery and mostly some other outside stresses, I've overeaten (sadly I do that when I'm stressed). Is this going to be a very bad thing when I have my surgery - does anyone know? Your input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

rohrer01
03-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I know you posted this on another thread. I'm quite sure you are absolutely FINE with your weight. This is one surgery that my surgeon, anyway, said I might have problems from being too thin. Besides, you always lose weight after surgeries. Hang in there girl. The last few days are the most stressfull (I've had other surgeries in the past, so speak from experience). Soon it will all behind you and you will be cheering on those of us that haven't had our surgeries yet. One day at a time. I relate to neck pain. Have you tried ice? Will they give you a stronger pain killer to get you through, or a tranquilizer or something to relax the muscles and your stress? I would call and ASK. All they can say is no.
Positive thoughts your way!
;)

LynetteG
03-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Okay thanks Rohrer01. You know I could have sworn I had typed this post up, but when I came back on here to see if anyone had replied after I put my kids to bed, I couldn't find it, maybe I accidentally put that post up on a different section on here :). Thanks again anyway!

titaniumed
03-29-2010, 02:29 AM
Lynette

You will lose weight. Its called the Percoset weight loss program. This is the only weight loss program thats guaranteed!

You will do just fine.
Ed

theizzard
03-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Unfortunately, percocet or any narcotics for that matter don't do anything to limit my eating or overeating the only thing that does that is sleep and even that isn't foolproof.
avis

LynetteG
03-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks Ed - I forgot about that - I had no appetite when I was on Percoset once before - I like that - the Percoset weight loss program :)

Nitram
03-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Heheh...I like that one Ed...the Percocet weight loss program. :-) I'm on it now and it does work, I'm, finding it hard to eat anywhere near what I did before and my family says I've lost quite a bit of weight. I have to be careful as I'm fairly thin already. Really need to get on a scale...

Rich

RitaR
03-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Percocet Weight Loss Program - maybe we could patent that. I can see the commercials now. Ha!

titaniumed
03-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Add Richard Simmons, and put him on percoset, now you really have something....

Ed

jrnyc
03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
unfortunately, i was on the oxycontin weight loss program....on the thin side to begin with, my weight sank into the 80's...i quit the oxy and went back to hydrocodone...made it up to the 90's!! but still in pain, need alot of meds...and have no appetite! if it wasnt for sugar, i wouldnt eat at all...:rolleyes:

now one of the issues is i dont think any surgeon would really want me to have surgery at this weight...because if i were to lose 10-20 pounds after surgery, i'd be into the 70's! we'll see...i go to surgeon in nyc april 12th...

wish someone had told me about these "weight loss plans" when i was in my 30's and trying to lose weight...:rolleyes:

jess

loves to skate
03-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Jess, I only lost 5 pounds even though I didn't have a great appetite and the Oxycontin and Oxycodone made me nauseous. The Doctors have high protein substances that they can get into you via IV's, so I wouldn't worry too much about your low weight. However, you really shouldn't be consuming too much sugar without proper nutrition because thin people can develop diabetes as well as heavy people.
Sally

LynetteG
03-29-2010, 10:54 PM
You guys are all too funny :) :)

jrnyc
03-30-2010, 04:53 AM
thanks, sally...

since i worked as addictions counselor, i've been accutely aware of how sugar works on the same part of the brain as alcohol!
i am working on curbing my addiction!

jess