PDA

View Full Version : It's St. Louis Time!

Radiogirl
03-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Well, can't believe it's finally here. Leaving tomorrow (Monday) to go to St. Louis. Need to be at hospital very early Tuesday to have central line put in. Then Wednesday is my big day. Wow. I really cannot believe the time is here. I feel like I am climbing to the top of a rollercoaster hill right now!!! Please send lots of prayers and good thoughts to me!!! My sister is going with me and will post here for me to keep all my scoli buddies in the loop! Thanks for all of your support!!!

allycat
03-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh Laura, as hard as it may be to believe, you are in a very exciting time! You are so close to a new beginning and a wonderful future! You will be in my thoughts and prayers for as long as necessary. Will be looking forward to your sisters posts on your progress. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and trust your medical team. You've done all you needed to do now let them take over and do what they do best!

LynetteG
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Laura - the way you explained it is perfect, that's exactly how I feel, as though I'm going uphill on a rollercoaster for the first time, not knowing how it will feel when it descends. You are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers, and have a wonderful safe journey, can't wait to chat with you afterwards so we can compare notes together.
God bless Laura, and thanks for all your encouraging words! You will do AWESOMELY well!

gmw
03-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Laura -- My prayers are with you and your medical team.

Lynette -- My prayers are with you as well as your day draws near.

LynetteG
03-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Thank you Glenda :)

TexEx
03-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Laura and Lynette:

I am right there with you! Best of luck to both of you...

I know exactyly how you feel and know that we will all be fine. I feel comforted to know that we are somewhat going through it together and the reassurance we have gotten from everyone who has been through it has really gotten me through these last few days.

I look forward to hearing from ya'll when you get home from the hospital and I will report in myself.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. It looks like we have very similar surgeries ahead of us, so lets keep each other inforimed of our progess and share helpful recovery hints.

Melissa

46 Years Old
60% Lumbar Curve
T9 - L5 Fusion

LynetteG
03-29-2010, 06:50 AM
You've got it Melissa - I'm right there for you too. It also comforts me knowing we three are in this together, we will have lots to catch up on afterwards :)

RitaR
03-29-2010, 09:44 AM
You all are in my prayers and I am sending all wonderful thoughts and prayers your way. You can do it. This is what you've been waiting for all this time and finally it's nearly here. It is a relief to get it behind you, trust me. The work is not done at that point, of course, but the worst will be over with. It took me a good 2-3 days to even realize it was over with, just didn't sink in I think. You guys GO!!!!! We're all strong and strong together we can achieve anything!!!!

Nitram
03-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Good luck Laura!!! It's all going to work out fine, your going to be so happy you did this in a few weeks. I'll be thinking of you...keep that positive attitude and all will be fine.

Rich

ShariMSU
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Laura you will be in my prayers and you too Lynette. I know you will do great as you move forward. Just think it will be onto recovery before you know it. I am anxious to get past the actual surgery, mine is 4/15. Good thoughts to you!!

RitaR
03-29-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm so happy I did this (had the courage to do the surgery). I had no idea I was that strong.... Ha! I've given myself pats on the back quite a few times (well, maybe not the back.....).

Doodles
03-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Laura--It's so exciting to know you'll join a lot of us on the other side soon! I know you'll do great. Thoughts and prayers for a major success coming your way on Wed. Lynette, the same for you in the near future! You guys will do great. Janet

mbeckoff
03-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Laura, You have made it this far and you will do fine thru it all. Just remember you chose your surgeon and now you put your faith and trust in him and let him do what he does best.
Soon you will be on the other side and you can help me with my fears and worries
Melissa

LynetteG
03-29-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm still waiting for that sense of calm that some of you have talked about prior to surgery. These last couple of days are horrendous for me - panic in the pit of my stomach. I have brief moments of calm, but mostly very scared. My boys are getting more anxious about me not being here, and that's the hardest part for me. I love my sons more than my life, and I'm going to feel so sad leaving them. I know it's only temporary, but I'm worried about how my mum will cope taking care of them, I'm worried about how they will be with her, and I will miss them so much. Okay - got that off my chest. Sorry for the whining, I feel like I'm the whiner and wimp here. Melissa and Laura seemed so much stronger than me, and neither of them whine like me :). I'm just a big baby - LOL!!!

gmw
03-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Praying all goes well for you today. You are very strong. No need to apologize for whining.

TexEx
03-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Lynette:

Please don't appologize for whining, I broke down in the nail salon yesterday. No reason at all, just sitting there having my last manicure and pedicure for quite a while and ....lost it! It happened periodically throughout the day and I suspect it will today also.

I feel that I am about to lose all control for several weeks and that scares the bejeebers out of me. But my husband insists everything will get done. He is very calm and does not make plans, which is even more annoying, but I have to let him handle things his way. Sure enough, it does get done, which is also very annoying. We are the type who try to handle things with humor, which in the long run seems to work for us.

My oldest son also finally broke down last night. He is scared about not being with me and we had a long talk. It is so hard to be strong for him, reassuring, yet honest. I told him he will not be able to see me for a couple of days, because the Dr. will "keep me sleeping" so that I will be more comfortable. I just keep trying to reasure him that all this will be for the best and that I am being helped and I don't have a desease it is just a condition that the Dr. is fixing.

He is out of school, so we are spening the day together, he is helping me prepare. I think that will help.

So, Lynette, don't feel alone. Your feelings are validated! Cry when you have to, laugh if you can. We will get though it. I think the anticipation is the worst. I just want to tomorrow to get here and get this over with, as they say, we must face our fears.

Thanks for helping me through this and I will you. Same to you Laura, I will be thinking of you both as they wheel me in. No one I can talk to right now knows like you do what we feel.

Have a good day, check in.

Melissa

LynetteG
03-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Melissa - you are an amazing lady and by the sounds of it an outstanding mom. I feel everything you just described - I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and you and Laura are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait till we're back on here afterward checking in with each other :)

RitaR
03-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Lynette, being without your boys is understandable, but they will do better than you think. Kids adjust very well. This is your incentive to get well soon.

mbeckoff
03-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Lynette, being without your boys is understandable, but they will do better than you think. Kids adjust very well. This is your incentive to get well soon.

Lynette, When you come out of the surgery and the boys cannot come to see you, they can make cards and stuff for you.

When you are in rehab, after school they can come and visit with you. They can have dinner together with you; play games .

Before you know it, you will be with them.

I know how you feel and my kids are 17 and 14

Melissa

Melissa

Radiogirl
03-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Doodles/Janet!!! Today is your one year anniversary! Congratulations! I'll tell Dr. Lenke you said hi when I see him tomorrow :) Just kidding, cuz I probably won't even see him!

Melissa, good luck tomorrow to you! And Lynette...good luck to you on Thursday! We are the 3 Muskateers! Haha!

Today had my central line put in. They gave me an iv of fentynal for the pain while they were doing it, and I ended up getting nauseous from it. Not terrible just a bit.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes! I appreciate it! Look for my sisters posts with updates. I will be back on as soon as I can afterward.

Laura

mbeckoff
03-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Laura , Best of everything for you tomorrow and look forward to hearing from you on the other side. So you can help people like me over to the other side. You will be in my prayers

Melissa

JenniferG
03-30-2010, 03:09 PM
You probably don't realise it, but the worst is already behind you girls. This long waiting period is such torture. But suddenly it'll be over! And a new, healthier chapter in life will begin.

foofer
03-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Lynette, Laura, and Melissa,

The Three Musketeers,

Thank you for braving the way for some of us who will more than likely be following in your footsteps! You are awesome!

Lynette, let me add my vote to the Say Yes to Whining Club. It's really not whining anyway, but rather laying down your fears. I look forward to future whining myself....where else can we feel free to do so?

Best of the best results to you fine women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

allycat
03-30-2010, 07:13 PM
You probably don't realise it, but the worst is already behind you girls. This long waiting period is such torture. But suddenly it'll be over! And a new, healthier chapter in life will begin.

LADIES!!! SHE IS SO RIGHT!!! Without a doubt the waiting is the worst. JenniferG, you are very wise!!

ADMoul
03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Laura, Just sending good thoughts and wishes your way. I was in the ICU 8 weeks ago tonight and would never have believed I would be doing this well by now. You'll get there, too, and the time will go by quickly.
Hugs from PA,

ADMoul
03-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Ditto the above post to Melissa and Lynette, too. By the time you read this, you will all have beautiful new backs!:)

Doodles
03-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks, Laura--If you see Dr. Lenke do tell him hi! for me! I actually won't have my one year check until April 21. We were on vacation last week when they could have seen me so this was the next time. One more good luck shout out to the 3 Musketeers--I think that's going to stick. Janet

TexEx
03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Reading my last post for inspiration before I pack for the hospital.

Thanks to everyone these posts are just what I needed.

Lynette, good luck!

Will post on return,

Melissa

jrnyc
03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
to the three musketeers...
best of luck to all 3 of you guys...girls..gals...strong women!

you will all come through with flying colors...april is a very lucky month!!

jess

LynetteG
03-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm sitting here reading all your wonderful posts with tears in my eyes, thank you thank you thank you.
Laura and Melissa - I'm thinking of you so much, hoping you're both feeling a sense of calm and excitement for the new backs we will have.
From one musketeer :) to the other two musketeers, and to everyone else on this forum, I raise my glass to you all (my pretend one), and make a toast to say here's to a fabulously healthy pain free better future :) XXX

Radiogirl
03-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Sitting in pre surgery waiting area now! Writing this from my blackberry. Ready to get this party started! Will post asasp!

allycat
03-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Laura! I don't think I've ever seen a post from someone sitting in pre-op! That's so fantastic! I'm sure you won't get this until after your surgery and it may even be a few days, but the sentiment is still the same: you are being sent so many wonderful, healing, calming thoughts by so many people, me included. I remember pre-op like it was yesterday. That's where I finally got that calm of knowing it was MY time and I could just relax and let the professionals take over. My preparation was over and it was time to give in. It's really difficult to explain the exact feeling, but I think you'll know what I mean. Take good care of yourself, do what the docs tell you to and let us know how you are doing. Congratulations! You made it!

huskymom
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm praying for you Laura! You will do wonderful, I just know it! By the time you read this post, you will be on the otherside of the picture with all of us and you will be home to your husky in no time!!!
Post soon!
Melissa

mgs
03-31-2010, 03:26 PM
I've thought about you all day. . .maybe by now you're out of surgery, and you're on our "other side"!!! Tough days ahead, but you can do it!! I'm not tough, and I did. love!

JenniferG
03-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Wow! Thinking of you Laura, and of Lynette who's just behind you. Sending best wishes for a bright and happy future to you both.

naptown78
03-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Lynette,
Raising my pretend glass to you too , and here's hoping your surgery went well today!!!!!

Vali
03-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Laura, i make it about 6pm your time at the moment, hope all went well for your surgery and that you are resting comfortably.

Lynette, best wishes for tomorrow on a safe and successful surgery.