My appointment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My appointment.

I had my appointment with Dr. Cronen today. I thought he was great. He took new X-rays and found out my curves are:26,72,44 with a 14-15 degree rib hump. I am having new MRI's done to check my discs to find out exactly how far we need to fuse because I do have low back pain. Having MRI's Fri, but can't get back to see him again till April 21 due to my work/vacation schedule.
    Hopefully this will put me in surgery late May or early June. Thank you all so much for recommending him!
    Janet
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

That's great Janet - I'm really glad you had a good appointment with Dr. Cronen, I agree he really is great!
    Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
    Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
    Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
    Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Hi Janet-

Glad to hear you found a doctor you liked and that you had a good appointment! I am also a mom of 2 young children (2 1/2 and 5) and will be getting surgery on June 8. I am 31 years old and am finally getting the surgery as well. I have wanted to have it done over the past 5 years but have been too scared but now the pain is getting too bad and I'm not able to be as active in my kids lives as I would like. I see you are in your mid-30's and you have disc degeneration/herniation throughout L3-L5. I do too. Did Dr. Cronen say where he is going to stop your fusion? Also, do you experience any leg pain? I've had nerve pain in my foot and now it has migrated to my knee and I'm wondering if this is coming from the problems off the L3-L5 vertebrae. My doctor is only fusing T4-L3.

Keep us posted on when you schedule your surgery! Maybe yours will be around the sametime as mine in early June.

Take care,
      JenM
      Surgery date: June 8, 2010 with Dr. Boachie
      Thoracic curve: 55 degrees, corrected to 25 degrees
      Lumbar curve: 58 degrees, corrected to 27 degrees
      Posterior-only surgery, Levels T3-L3
      31 year old mother of 2 young kids

Comment

Hi Jen, no I do not have leg pain, just low back and hip pain. Dr. Cronen is redoing my MRI's as they are 3 years old to see how far down we need to go. I am hoping not to have to go down to the pelvis but we will see.
        36 year young cardiac RN
        old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
        new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
        Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
        Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
        and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Working...
        X